Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The DUP supported attacks on the RUC!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The DUP supported attacks on the RUC!

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who would join the murderous Billy Boys but besides that I have to say that Im impressed....I have tried to find references for spokespeople for the Labour Party over in Britain saying anything similar at any stage in their history and emailed people who would know on that question...And they never have it seems!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZYQ9FtN7M]YouTube - ULSTER 1986: DUP Supports Attacks on the Homes of RUC Officers. LOYALISTS PREPARE FOR WAR![/ame]

Politics.ie Member Northern Voice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What relevance does this have to the modern day, really? 2006 > 1986... Are you going to drag up something about O'Neill's administration in 1966 next? Or link England's World Cup victory with the UVF?
    Ulster Abu!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She's trolling - and displaying her ignorance - the Billy Boys were a Scottish gang of the 1930s

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Voice View Post
    What relevance does this have to the modern day, really? 2006 > 1986... Are you going to drag up something about O'Neill's administration in 1966 next? Or link England's World Cup victory with the UVF?
    Well IRA "murders" seem pretty relevant still to your lot, now dont they?

No I found this very interesting and I thought it might interest others too....I mean a majior political party condoning attacks against the state is pretty full on.

Im beginning to suspect that a lot of "Unionists" actually dont have to much love for the Brits. And thats it basically sectarian fear and hatred plus to be fair a certain amount of sectarian muppetry on the nationalist side that fuels their "Loyality".

Politics.ie Member Northern Voice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    Well IRA "murders" seem pretty relevant still to your lot, now dont they?

No I found this very interesting and I thought it might interest others too....I mean a majior political party condoning attacks against the state is pretty full on.

Im beginning to suspect that a lot of "Unionists" actually dont have to much love for the Brits. And thats it basically sectarian fear and hatred plus to be fair a certain amount of sectarian muppetry on the nationalist side that fuels their "Loyality".
    To suggest the DUP were a major political party in 1986 displays your own ignorance towards the political history of Northern Ireland. The UUP were still the major political party in Northern Ireland at this point. Plus, this was a year after the disastrous Anglo-Irish Agreement - a time when unionist alienation with the political process was at a peak. I haven't watched the video as a whole, but I am sure the party's offical policy was not to use violence of any kind. IRA murders are still relevant to "our lot" because "your lot" (such prejudiced terminology) still tries to justify them: no unionist party condones attacks on the police nowadays. This should be in the history forum.
    Ulster Abu!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To suggest the DUP were a major political party in 1986 displays your own ignorance towards the political history of Northern Ireland. The UUP were still the major political party in Northern Ireland at this point. .
    I said A majior political party not THE majior political party.

Have they recanted those words spoken at that time? Nope....And as factual will tell you the Provies post-GFA believe that attacks on the state in the six counties are wrong and to be condemned....That makes the DUP the most anti-state in Stormount.

As for the "you lot" statement....Cmon dont be so sensitive....Political Correctness and Ulster Unionism dont really go well together...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am surprised at the comments from both sides, I thought we had moved on in this country but it seems not. Things will never change with what I have read in the previous posts. Think about the future instead of bringing up the past, except for people putting themselves forward for our future Govt. we should all know where they stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I am surprised at the comments from both sides, I thought we had moved on in this country but it seems not. Things will never change with what I have read in the previous posts. Think about the future instead of bringing up the past, except for people putting themselves forward for our future Govt. we should all know where they stand.
    I know where I stand. Behind the RUC. The DUP scum have been chased from my door more than once.
    Don't tread on me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you think the cut off point should be , 5 years ago? 10?

It would certainly stop a lot of 'debate' on this sub forum.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IRA murders are still relevant to "our lot" because "your lot" (such prejudiced terminology) still tries to justify them: no unionist party condones attacks on the police nowadays.
    No Unionist party today condones attacks on the RUC/PSNI because its not in their interest too as opposed to out of principle (actual British Unionists would see such attacks as attacks on "British Democracy and Law and Order" and would have a principled objection to them).

Every time Im slighting warming to Ulster Unionism (though I have much more time for Ian Paisley than I do for Eoghan Harris and Mary Robinson) Im always put off by its hypocracy coupled with its self-righteousness on the question of violence. Glass houses and stones and all that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast