Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Andrews running scared of opposition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Barry Andrews running scared of opposition

Barry Andrews Fianna Fail TD & Minister for children dominated the airwaves on thursday after the investigation by child welfare experts, set up by the HSE, into the failings of the Roscommon abuse case was made public . The report makes for Grim reading and rightly laid the blame at the door of HSE.
    But if you were watching RTE Primetime & Vincent Browne on Thursday did you wonder why there were no opposition spokespeople on from Labour or Fine Gael ?
    Well it has come to light that Barry Andrews refused to go on Prime Time and Vincent Browne if there were any opposition spokespeople on those shows with him.
    This another case of Fianna Fail running scared and quite frankly it is a cowardly act by Andrews .
    It is actually something i believe that FF do to RTE ,but i thought Vincent Browne would have more courage than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post
    Barry Andrews Fianna Fail TD & Minister for children dominated the airwaves on thursday after the investigation by child welfare experts, set up by the HSE, into the failings of the Roscommon abuse case was made public . The report makes for Grim reading and rightly laid the blame at the door of HSE.
    But if you were watching RTE Primetime & Vincent Browne on Thursday did you wonder why there were no opposition spokespeople on from Labour or Fine Gael ?
    Well it has come to light that Barry Andrews refused to go on Prime Time and Vincent Browne if there were any opposition spokespeople on those shows with him.
    This another case of Fianna Fail running scared and quite frankly it is a cowardly act by Andrews .
    It is actually something i believe that FF do to RTE ,but i thought Vincent Browne would have more courage than that.
    Oh how ridiculous. Is he afraid of 'the opposition' pointing out to him the failures within his department? Does he really believe if he appears on a show without members of other parties that the general public will swallow his rhetoric??

I bet FF would call an election now if only FF candidates were allowed to run!
    If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion. GB Shaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do RTE and TV3 allow this? Invite the opposition and explain that the Minister refused to go on if the opposition were there. End of problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post
    Why do RTE and TV3 allow this? Invite the opposition and explain that the Minister refused to go on if the opposition were there. End of problem.
    Im guessing the thinking is better to have someone grill the minister if you can call it that rather than have the coward not show at all

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I just point out that Barry Andrews is not a Minister.

If in doubt, read the constitution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    Can I just point out that Barry Andrews is not a Minister.

If in doubt, read the constitution.
    strictly speaking yes but that is Barry Andrews title
    Home Page - Office of the Minister for Children - Department of Health and Children - Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can call myself the Minister for Motherhood and Apple Pie.

Anyway, sorry, not my intention to derail the thread topic which is why these incompetent, overpaid clowns can't face opposition, and how the MSM allows them to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the reality is that he is the man who the buck stops with and if he is running scared then we know his true colour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shocking case and the stupid ABFF want to make a political football out of it. To tell the truth I can understand why anyone is afraid of the socalled Opposition, whatever faults FF have they are nothing compared to the depraved dirty politics of the Opposition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    Shocking case and the stupid ABFF want to make a political football out of it. To tell the truth I can understand why anyone is afraid of the socalled Opposition, whatever faults FF have they are nothing compared to the depraved dirty politics of the Opposition
    Your back!!!...nice!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast