Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taoiseach does not rule out end to State cars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Taoiseach does not rule out end to State cars

[url=http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/taoiseach-does-not-rule-out-end-to-state-cars-479736.html]Double speak from the double speaker![/url

The Taoiseach has not ruled out the end of the controversial garda-driven State cars, which he and his Cabinet colleagues use to travel around the country.

Brian Cowen was speaking after a heated debate with farmers last night in Limerick, in which the Taoiseach was rounded upon over their use of the cars.

Mr Cowen told members of the Irish Creamery and Milk Suppliers Association that farmers must, like everyone else, expect severe cuts in the upcoming Budget.

However, the Taoiseach would not be drawn over the future of the State cars for Minsters.
    These clowns are making things up as they go along. It's all lies so how do the stupid people believe anything they say?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well gogo Gogarty has said that the issue of state cars has to be looked at - presumably he means take them away, but then with him he might mean something else.

He's the only Green who hasn't had one/got one.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

State car story on Liveline and replayed on playback this morning.

Caller watched state car driver sit in car for a couple of hours outside riding stables i think somewhere in Wicklow. He was waiting for the Minister's grandson. Joe asked was the Minister there and no, no Minister just the boy doing his riding lessons.

Anyone know who that Minister was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they wont have the cars for long .we are at the end game there will be a G.E. very soon

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is disgusting elitist behaviour. Maybe I'm just grumpy today but this is really annoying me(more than usual!). I think that these ministerial cars are a good target for protests. Block them in, let air out of the tyres.
    Nothing too serious but enough to make a statement. People can take the power here. Make them such a hassle to have, they no longer want them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    they wont have the cars for long .we are at the end game there will be a G.E. very soon
    Do you think so? I'm not so sure. They are all hanging for as long as possible as many of them may never get in again.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait till you see, Cowen will "downsize" from Mercs and BMW's to say Citeron C6's, say "We're taking the tough decisions, and we're listening to what the people are saying".. Joe Public will say, "Ha we really showed them shower" and then go out and vote for them in the upcoming election... And life returns to normal... What was all the fuss about?
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    Do you think so? I'm not so sure. They are all hanging for as long as possible as many of them may never get in again.
    be patient my friend, the people will have there say and we must not let these ba...... forget what the done to OUR COUNTRY

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    be patient my friend, the people will have there say and we must not let these ba...... forget what the done to OUR COUNTRY
    I hope you're right!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cowen would actually bonus points if he downsized from Mercs and BMW's to say Citeron C6's

but cannot see it happen

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast