Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5,000 people to march for Navan Hospital on Sat 30th of Oct

Default 5,000 people to march for Navan Hospital on Sat 30th of Oct

The centre of Navan will close tomorrow when over 5,000 people will take to the streets in support of Our Lady’s hospital. All sporting orgs in the county including te GAA have cancelled matches tomorrow to facilitate attendance. All schools have asked parents and children to attend, as have the RC and CoI churches. Its gonna be a big one. Well done to Peadar Tóibín and all those who have put in the work.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and just look at the beautiful day we have for it.

cya there!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradán feasa View Post
    The centre of Navan will close tomorrow when over 5,000 people will take to the streets in support of Our Lady’s hospital. All sporting orgs in the county including te GAA have cancelled matches tomorrow to facilitate attendance. All schools have asked parents and children to attend, as have the RC and CoI churches. Its gonna be a big one. Well done to Peadar Tóibín and all those who have put in the work.
    Not a Sinn Fein supporter, but Peadar and his committee have done a fantastic job rallying people from across the county.

I expect they will reach the goal of 5000 marchers with maybe a 1000 or so more to spare.

I'll be there, voting with my feet .... if you are in the Navan area, the march promises to be good crack, with a festive atmosphere. There are worse ways to spend a family afternoon. And, btw, the weather IS good at the moment.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Silly people, it's only a hospital not a bank. How do they expect us to pay the debts of Seanie and Davy and their friends if we squander the money on health?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sad thing is that even if 10,000 people turn out, I doubt that it will make any difference, it being very difficult to turn Mary Harney (or indeed to maneuver her in any way).
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'5,000 people march to demand money that doesn't exist'

and in other news. . .

'Woman on hunger strike to demand dead husband is brought back to life'

Proof, if it were needed, that emotional people don't 'do' reality.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as Irish people continue to think that the county jersey their hospital wears is more important than the ability of our country to match government spending with income, we are going to have perverse, localist, gombeen politics.

Sinn Féin are just another kind of localist parish pump party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    '5,000 people march to demand money that doesn't exist'

and in other news. . .

'Woman on hunger strike to demand dead husband is brought back to life'

Proof, if it were needed, that emotional people don't 'do' reality.
    And in yet more news -

Money that doesn't exist used to pay off bond holders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    And in yet more news -

Money that doesn't exist used to pay off bond holders.
    And that shouldn't happen either, but the existence of one does not justify the existence of the other. It's just pure whataboutery.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    And that shouldn't happen either, but the existence of one does not justify the existence of the other. It's just pure whataboutery.
    It shows that the hospital isn't being closed because there's no money, it's being closed because the money is being used for something else.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast