Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Housing Benefits Cuts Could Lead to a Benefits Tourist Surge To Ireland

Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UK Housing Benefits Cuts Could Lead to a Benefits Tourist Surge To Ireland

The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we already have London firemen commuting from here, so why not welfare people:

Living abroad, the firemen paid to live HERE | Mail Online

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UK'ers making another invasion close the ports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

''The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.''

Never seen so many of the dregs of the UK skip over here in my life,i have seen the UK and the utter despair and scumbagery it has to offer i would CLOSE UP THE FREAKIN BORDERS!

We are a small island and from walking down the street every day i can see we are slowly and more slowly coming to full capacity,our welfare system cannot handle all of this and needs to be reformed that way there wont be so many of these people coming over.

They should have a law in place whereby,it would prove difficult for someone to enter ireland,if they did not already have a job or a valid reason to be here,and have it properly enforced.
    I have seen some lituanians fighting on our streets in ireland and shouldnt they just be shot like they would do back home?

Politics.ie Member A view from England's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.
    I'm assuming that those relocating are Irish or of Irish ancestry? Otherwise you are not entitled to Irish welfare, are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cedissapointed View Post
    ''The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.''

Never seen so many of the dregs of the UK skip over here in my life,i have seen the UK and the utter despair and scumbagery it has to offer i would CLOSE UP THE FREAKIN BORDERS!

We are a small island and from walking down the street every day i can see we are slowly and more slowly coming to full capacity,our welfare system cannot handle all of this and needs to be reformed that way there wont be so many of these people coming over.

They should have a law in place whereby,it would prove difficult for someone to enter ireland,if they did not already have a job or a valid reason to be here,and have it properly enforced.
    I have seen some lituanians fighting on our streets in ireland and shouldnt they just be shot like they would do back home?
    Are these 'dregs' and 'scumbaggery' Irish citizens returning? As far as I am aware you need to be Irish or have been paying tax/NI in Ireland to qualify for welfare?

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A view from England View Post
    Are these 'dregs' and 'scumbaggery' Irish citizens returning? As far as I am aware you need to be Irish or have been paying tax/NI in Ireland to qualify for welfare?
    Not strictly true. There is a carry over of assumed NI contributions from the UK if there has not been a break in contributions.

Oh and it's County Limerick NOT Limerick County
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Not strictly true. There is a carry over of assumed NI contributions from the UK if there has not been a break in contributions.

Oh and it's County Limerick NOT Limerick County
    It's Limerick County when defining it as seperate from Limerick city.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A view from England View Post
    It's Limerick County when defining it as seperate from Limerick city.
    Oh no it isn't. It is County Limerick or Limerick City, The same as County Cork or Cork City.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Oh no it isn't. It is County Limerick or Limerick City, The same as County Cork or Cork City.
    Tell that to my Wife's family who have been roots there for several hundred years. County when describing as a whole, defined split when describing City and County.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great, another xenophobia thread.
    "WAKE UP! THE RICH ARE RAPING YOU!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast