Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waters says 20 years has given us perspective?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Waters says 20 years has given us perspective?

Recalling 1990 gives us a useful perspective - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 29, 2010

TWENTY YEARS ago, we were about to enter the final week of the election campaign that delivered Irelandís first woman president.....

I remember...so well...answering the door to an FF canvasser...and assuring him that irrespective of late night phone calls to the Aras I had no intention on God's planet of ever voting for Brian. He went away...comforted(??)

20 years later I will no doubt have his son calling to my door(or his lackeys posting his "stuff")..so much has changed and so much has in fact stayed the same!
    20 years ago I worked in an acute Dublin Hospital with beds closed...the health budget slashed...cos we were apparently living " beyond our means"......!!

Oh Good Jays*s.....nowt has changed...or has it???
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would seriously like 20 years perspective without the presence of that long-haired misogynist, and I am male. The country would be a better place. Personally, I think he is demented, seriously.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wish we would qualify for the world cup again. That was fun.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    I would seriously like 20 years perspective without the presence of that long-haired misogynist, and I am male. The country would be a better place. Personally, I think he is demented, seriously.
    Oooh are you a spitting blogger?:
    but we should, in as far as possible, try to state the facts without worrying what the bloggers will spit back.
    I'm kind of bored by him now mostly. Same old same old with him these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ARA...not all he says is bad...( a lot perhaps..but not all).
    He may be right...the last 20 years have seen bigger change in Ireland than has ever been seen!..politically...(NI...female presidents...Bertie...et al)...financially and economically(there can be no doubt)...but owt else??????.social inequalities.....poverty(in real terms)...inclusion.....???

Take the long haired yoke out of the equation and tell me despite the enornous changes...what has changed?????
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar Tweedy View Post
    Oh GOD yeah!!!!!

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    ARA...not all he says is bad...( a lot perhaps..but not all).
    He may be right...the last 20 years have seen bigger change in Ireland than has ever been seen!..politically...(NI...female presidents...Bertie...et al)...financially and economically(there can be no doubt)...but owt else??????.social inequalities.....poverty(in real terms)...inclusion.....???

Take the long haired yoke out of the equation and tell me despite the enornous changes...what has changed?????
    This one might be controversial on this site but not in anywhere sane: peace up north

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can' t stand him either, Correlli and his simplistic, right-wing, religious nonsense

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar Tweedy View Post
    Still playing crap football after all these years

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rgaok View Post
    I can' t stand him either, Correlli and his simplistic, right-wing, religious nonsense
    I don't think that the notion that there might be a spiritual dimension to life is either simplistic or right-wing; never mind "religious ". And as far as I see, that's all he posits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast