Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisbon 3.. Ha Ha Ha...

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lisbon 3.. Ha Ha Ha...

Well it seems like we're about to get to our very own "jump the shark" moment as regards the Lisbon Treaty..

Seems like we will be going for best of 3 after all..

It looks increasingly likely that Merkel is being painted into a tight corner by her own constitutional court as regards what the Germans can and can't do regarding getting guarantees for their bailout money, so Angela is facing the increasing likeliehood that she will have to make demands of her "EU partners", in return for German Parliament agreements.

However, the guarantees aren't possible under current Lisbon arrangements, and the changes are not going to get past the "small insignificant changes" clause that woould allow the Treaty to self amend. Why? Because it will demand European control of more "competencies". And.. it will also allow the EU to "punish" member States who don't adhere to EU rules regarding budgetary matters

Now, in all fairness, that mightn't be a bad thing. I am gone to the stage where I think being controlled by Europe would probably be better than being controlled by either FF or FG .. and as an Irish Republican that galls me to have to write whose words..

But, do people think that a new Lisbon referendum has a cats chance in hell of being passed in the current climate.. because I don't regardless of the rights or wrongs of any argument

What in the name of Jesus are they thinking ? What'll the slogan be this time.. "Sorry about the jobs and recovery we promised last time.. Vote Yes.. so we can punish you"

God, I can't wait to see how some of the Europhile Gaelers and Redshirts come on to ty to sell this one
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, but......Vote No and the Germans will turn off the money tap and we will have to cut all public sector pay and social welfare in half, most of the hospitals will have to close and the schools could only open for a 3 day week........Vote No now Sheeple..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will be voting yes, we need the jobs, and the certainty in the bond market, that it will bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just because the EU have cowen , lenihen and the rest of the ff/fg establishment in their pockets, doesn't mean they have the irish people in it. Apart from the irish mental disorder of letting our own rip us off, the irish people are more likely to burn the place to the ground than let the EU take over.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vote Yes for JOBS!!

The Pinocchio Party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will give money to and campaign for Ganley if this comes to pass.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vote yes for jobs!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    I will be voting yes, we need the jobs, and the certainty in the bond market, that it will bring.
    What jobs ? Chriost on a bike !

Mick Ring was right - we should hand back the country to Betty and apologise for the state of it. In our defence we can point at the likes of yourself. She'll understand.

The whole "vote yes for jobs" nonsense is now clearly seen for what it is. Both Lisbon I and Lisbon II were won by those who told the most outragous and convincing lies and threatened the electorate best. Lisbon III will follow he same pattern.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Ah, but......Vote No and the Germans will turn off the money tap and we will have to cut all public sector pay and social welfare in half, most of the hospitals will have to close and the schools could only open for a 3 day week........Vote No now Sheeple..........
    Sheeple ! Very good !

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast