Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian cowen after the election ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Brian cowen after the election ?

Most people agree Brian Cowen will lose the next election and step down as leader of FF, but what then for him? Will he spend the rest of his life in the back bench or could he be on the front bench ? Could he make a comeback and be a minister again if FF get back into power in 2016/17

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He can go and drink himself to death for all I care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olamp View Post
    Quite harsh, even if he has unwittingly ruined the country.

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget558 View Post
    Most people agree Brian Cowen will lose the next election and step down as leader of FF, but what then for him? Will he spend the rest of his life in the back bench or could he be on the front bench ? Could he make a comeback and be a minister again if FF get back into power in 2016/17
    Kicked off to a Quango or to sit on the board of a semi state.
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If precedent is anything to go by he'll write a column for a downmarket rag.

My money's on the Irish Independent.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olamp View Post
    +1 he would be no loss to ireland

I think that any new leader of FF who wants to give FF a new image would probably consider Cowen to be beyond use-by date.
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he steps down as leader, and that's a big IF (he has stated on a number of occasions that there are no circumstances under which he would ever consider resigning), I would hope he would spend the rest of his life helping the poor, the sick and the venerable who's suffering he perpetuated. I would hope he would spend his time begging forgiveness for the hurt and pain he has caused. However given his enormous ego and arrogance it is highly unlikely as I believe he genuinely believes that every decision he has even taken is correct for himself, FF, the bankers and developers and the country (in that order, with the country being way down the line).

If he does resign, or is pushed, I think it unlikely that he will remain a TD let alone be a minister but, given this country's penchant for sadomasochism, it is very likely that FF will be back in power in 2016/17.

Scratching his arse on the back benches with only drinking buddies like Sweary Mary and Dilly O'Wee for company. Stand down at the election after that and joining the list of short-term leaders (Fitzgerald, Reynolds) who did far more harm than good. Longer term, he'll be the John Miller Andrews of this country. "Who?", you say. "Exactly", I say.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He doesn't have any charisma and will more than likely, live out the rest of his life in relative obcurity, appearing every now and then at state funerals.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast