Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else gone past anger,despair and just doesn't care anymore?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone else gone past anger,despair and just doesn't care anymore?

I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
    We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
    I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Politics.ie Member Ethan Edwards's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear you brother!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Felt pretty much the same way after watching VB last night. I'm involved in a small business, struggling to pay ourselves and no light at the end of the tunnel either.

If Bertie makes it to President I'll be gone also.

Politics.ie Member Master Debater's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's no way Bertie will become President. Mind you, I also said the same thing before George Bush was re-elected !

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have F**K all confidence in Fianna Fail and the Greens. All these figures mean nothing to me. All I know I face hard times ahead along with my family and my children and Neighbours. An Extra Billion here or there means nothing now. Its up to me to get out of it

I'd prefer the IMF or Some other Political grouping to be in charge and would prefer to see a full an dfrank investigation into the operations of Fianna Fail, the banks and the Builders.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlin3 View Post
    Felt pretty much the same way after watching VB last night. I'm involved in a small business, struggling to pay ourselves and no light at the end of the tunnel either.

If Bertie makes it to President I'll be gone also.
    Yeah, there was just something weird about VB last night wasnt there!? Something to do, perhaps, with VB making a valid point that the Dáil is actually irrelevant and the Govt has the whole thing sewn up...they are still in power even given all the sh1t and then listening to Martin Manseragh just confirmed that nothing has really changed since 2002,2005,2008 ....we are just going round in circles...only a matter of time before my family and I fall off the infinidum Irish roundabout!

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have always voted in every election/referendum etc that I have been legally entitled to.....I'm at the stage now though, that there's a fairly good chance I wont vote at the next general election.
    All the parties are full of sh1te....the politicians seem to be only in politics to line their own pockets...and the fookers who got the country to this state will live out the rest of their lives in the luxury they're used to.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post
    I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
    Mine just dreams of that day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post
    We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
    I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?
    Exactly the mind-set (shared by most of us, probably) that FF and the greens have been hoping for. It is the only chance they have of avoiding wipe-out. Pavlovian politics still works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Perhaps its the case that we are all going through something similar to the seven stages of grief. They are as follows;

Shock or Disbelief
    Denial
    Bargaining
    Guilt
    Anger
    Depression
    Acceptance and Hope

The optimistic view is that you are on the second last stage.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast