Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes. How much could YOU live on?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default No phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes. How much could YOU live on?

Could you live the way he does?

If you have no mortgage, no debts, no job to got to (no commuting expenses), no kids, and of course if you have a partner s/he is in the same boat, then what is your outlay?

Depends on your vices I suppose. Nice food, alcohol, cigarettes.

I think I could live ok on 200 a week. No mortgage, don't save, just eat, a bit of booze, and the utilities.

I don't really want to try it! But I think I could do it all the same, since the excess, if I had it, would go into savings not spending.

What could you live on, given the above criteria?

Roger Miller, King Of The Road Lyrics

No debts, no mortgage and just paying for food and utilities? €120 a week tops.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    No debts, no mortgage and just paying for food and utilities? 120 a week tops.
    Yep, did it this summer while finishing off a thesis

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No rent or clothing? Suppose you get sick and need meds? No saving even for replacement of domestic appliances?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spotty finds that he can survive on about €200, excluding his mortgage. Usually allows one good night on the booze away from her indoors.
    Spotty. A pimple on the arse of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    No rent or clothing? Suppose you get sick and need meds? No saving even for replacement of domestic appliances?
    I'm assuming that "no mortgage" means home ownership. I could still stash away a few bob on 120 a week. Obviously it would have to be a higher sume if it was to cover rent.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a good income, but after rent, childcare, commutting, etc I'm on about 120/week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People pay through the nose for convenience, stupid things like bottles of water and pre made sandwiches etc. Running a car is really expensive too. Have you seen this guy he's living on no money per week

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyqavzuFZ3c]YouTube - How to live a money-less life by Mark Boyle[/ame]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm assuming that "no mortgage" means home ownership. I could still stash away a few bob on 120 a week. Obviously it would have to be a higher sume if it was to cover rent.
    There are costs associated with home ownership too. A lick of paint now ant then doesn't go astray.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Need a car? Medical insurance? Savings for a rainy day? New property taxes and water charges? Not fancy a night out in a restaurant or the pub even once in a blue moon?
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast