Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Islamisation: A Myth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Islamisation: A Myth?

A very good report by Edmund Standing explaining why he thinks claims of Britain's 'Islamisation' have been greatly exaggerated. Well worth a read.

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/37735781/Debunking-the-Islamisation-Myth"]Debunking the 'Islamisation' Myth@@AMEPARAM@@document_id=37735781&access_ke y=key-vme2o5fz218gphfykux&@@AMEPARAM@@37735781@@AMEP ARAM@@key-vme2o5fz218gphfykux[/ame]

I see Standing writes for the Harry's Place blog, not particularly known for its Islamist sympathies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU]YouTube - Muslim Demographics[/ame]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mohammed is now the most popular name for newborn boys in England and Wales ahead of Jack and Harry, it emerged today.

The name, when 12 different spellings were included, was given to 7,549 youngsters in 2009, official statistics revealed.

Oliver was the second most popular and it was given to 7,364 boys in England and Wales in 12 months.

Jack was third, Harry fourth and Alfie in fifth place in the league table of names.

However, because official figures did not take into account the variations in the spelling of Mohammed, Oliver was named as the most popular boys name by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) who released the information. Jack had been the top name for newborn boys in England and Wales for the previous 14 years.

from the article posted:

"Assuming population estimates and polling data are broadly accurate, this means that out of the entire British population, around 1% profess a desire to live under Sharia Law"

1% of a population of 60 million equates to 600,000

Thats a lot of terrorism supporting Jihadists.

Or to put it another way - would you feel comfortable in a country which had a Nazi Party with a membership of 600,000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Europe's Muslim population has more than doubled in the past 30 years and will have doubled again by 2015. In Brussels, the top seven baby boys' names recently were Mohamed, Adam, Rayan, Ayoub, Mehdi, Amine and Hamza.
    Muslim Europe: the demographic time bomb transforming our continent - Telegraph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    from the article posted:

"Assuming population estimates and polling data are broadly accurate, this means that out of the entire British population, around 1% profess a desire to live under Sharia Law"

1% of a population of 60 million equates to 600,000

Thats a lot of terrorism supporting Jihadists.

Or to put it another way - would you feel comfortable in a country which had a Nazi Party with a membership of 600,000?
    Expressing a desire for Sharia Law to be incorporated in the legal system does not necessarily entail supporting terrorism, much less perpetrating it. As for the Nazi Party, it would certainly bother me, but in a country with a population of 60 million, I suspect the number of people who harbour pro-fascist sympathies already exceeds that considerably.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BBC must be true Maybe I should ignore what I see with my own eyes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo View Post
    Expressing a desire for Sharia Law to be incorporated in the legal system does not necessarily entail supporting terrorism, much less perpetrating it. As for the Nazi Party, it would certainly bother me, but in a country with a population of 60 million, I suspect the number of people who harbour pro-fascist sympathies already exceeds that considerably.

It was on Sky news that most Taliban funding comes from Britain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo View Post
    Expressing a desire for Sharia Law to be incorporated in the legal system does not necessarily entail supporting terrorism, much less perpetrating it.
    No, just supporting mysogny, homophobia, anti-democracy & the rest of the goodies on offer in paradises like somalia & yemen.

in a country with a population of 60 million, I suspect the number of people who harbour pro-fascist sympathies already exceeds that considerably.
    Based on what ?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast