Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Defence League?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Defence League?

I've heard a few rumors that an Irish branch of the EDL is active in Ireland, is that true? Is it those freaks from "Celtic Wolves" or some other stormfront/irish-nationalism.net offshoot?

Reading an interview with Stephen Lennon in The Times a couple of days ago makes you wonder where we're all going here in these islands and in Europe. I'm no friend of any type of extremist, but it does feel like the EDL and similar groups are merely a rebranded neo nazis wrapped up in football hooligan culture. would that be a fair assumption?
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stormfront has closed its Irish section for being to "Fenian".

Politics.ie Member A view from England's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    I've heard a few rumors that an Irish branch of the EDL is active in Ireland, is that true? Is it those freaks from "Celtic Wolves" or some other stormfront/irish-nationalism.net offshoot?

Reading an interview with Stephen Lennon in The Times a couple of days ago makes you wonder where we're all going here in these islands and in Europe. I'm no friend of any type of extremist, but it does feel like the EDL and similar groups are merely a rebranded neo nazis wrapped up in football hooligan culture. would that be a fair assumption?
    I think you are on the right lines with the football hooligan culture. I believe the EDL is a group who are anti-islamification and nothing more than that. I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I can make out the EDL aren't quite a rebranding of neo nazism. They've swapped around the scapegoats, and are quite happy to have Jews involved, as long as they hate muslims. By neo nazi standards that's quite a large step towards tolerance.

Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

English Defence League Hooligans Unmasked

Kerdasi,bob,Camp are you not going to come on and defend them? petunia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A view from England View Post
    I think you are on the right lines with the football hooligan culture. I believe the EDL is a group who are anti-islamification and nothing more than that. I could be wrong.
    I don't know mate, I can't imagine there been that warm a welcome for black african christians some of whom are the most anti-islamic around.

That being said, the apparent levels of support for ther EDL in England seems staggering!

is there any truth to the rumour of an IDL? I'd imagine their republicanism would put them at automatic logger heads with their friends across the water. Like SS said, Stormfront Ireland was shut down....
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I expect they'll just be a bunch of celtic-jersey wearing morons pouring petrol through letter boxes of immigrants' houses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    From what I can make out the EDL aren't quite a rebranding of neo nazism. They've swapped around the scapegoats, and are quite happy to have Jews involved, as long as they hate muslims. By neo nazi standards that's quite a large step towards tolerance.
    True enough, in the past a lot of neo nazis made alliances with muslim extremists especially in Europe. extremism...nutters united in commonality

Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niropiro View Post
    I expect they'll just be a bunch of celtic-jersey wearing morons pouring petrol through letter boxes of immigrants' houses.
    They always are! Used to see them drinking in a certain pub in Tallaght a few years back,avoided them like the plague

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post

Sound like the UDA or the DUP to me although that might be an unfair to calss the EDL as bad as that mob.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast