Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Can Obama be trusted?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Can Obama be trusted?

WHO SAID THIS?

Democracy cannot be imposed on any nation from the outside. Each society must
    search for its own path, and no path is perfect. (think about Iraq for a second)

AND THIS

The world must stand together to demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise. . . No one
    nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of
    people over another will succeed. . . The traditional division between nations of the south and north
    makes no sense in an interconnected world. Nor do alignments of nations rooted in the cleavages of a
    long gone Cold War. The time has come to realize that the old habits and arguments are irrelevant to the
    challenges faced by our people.(Now think about a certain country ignoring 187 v 2 vote at the UN General Asembley against the Cuban blockade)
    All speeches made by OBAMA

.(Would you buy a used car off this man)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Plus He supported ending the don't ask don't tell law,but when a federal judge overturned it,he wanted an appeal. He can't be trusted. But aren't most politicians not trust able?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is a politician.

That's all pretty much par for the course for the American presidency. Bush had his WMDs, Clinton had Lewinsky, Reagan had Iran-Contra, Nixon had Watergate, LBJ had most of Vietnam to account for... No president is innocent.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilenee View Post
    That's all pretty much par for the course for the American presidency. Bush had his WMDs, Clinton had Lewinsky, Reagan had Iran-Contra, Nixon had Watergate, LBJ had most of Vietnam to account for... No president is innocent.
    Didn't LBJ's wife own alot of a company that was given contracts to do work in Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by TaxHavenSite View Post
    Didn't LBJ's wife own alot of a company that was given contracts to do work in Vietnam?
    I hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Dick Cheney has a good portion of Halliburton, and they made out well in the Bush years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Yes he can!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama has an elitist professorial attitude. His comments about middle Americans who are bitter; clinging to their guns and religion, reeks of an elitist condescension.

I am an East coast urban American from Boston, grew up Catholic, and have recently made damn well sure that I obtained my firearms license. I believe in the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, that states, I as a citizen have the right to bear arms.

I grew up as a blue collar Democrat, but to quote Ronald Reagan; "I didn't leave the party, the party left me"

November 2nd will be a long day for the Democrats. The house will be taken, and the Senate is still up in air, but the Republicans will make substantial gains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by new jewell View Post
    WHO SAID THIS?

Democracy cannot be imposed on any nation from the outside. Each society must
    search for its own path, and no path is perfect. (think about Iraq for a second)

AND THIS

The world must stand together to demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise. . . No one
    nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of
    people over another will succeed. . . The traditional division between nations of the south and north
    makes no sense in an interconnected world. Nor do alignments of nations rooted in the cleavages of a
    long gone Cold War. The time has come to realize that the old habits and arguments are irrelevant to the
    challenges faced by our people.(Now think about a certain country ignoring 187 v 2 vote at the UN General Asembley against the Cuban blockade)
    All speeches made by OBAMA

.(Would you buy a used car off this man)
    The man didn't start that Oil... sorry i mean War,now tell me how when taking office he could have pulled out of Iraq straight away or within a couple of years????Without even more mayhem which is already there???
    I think Martyn Turner the wonderful cartoonist for the Irish Times summed it up best with his cartoon of the day Obama was being sworn into office with Obama being asked:
    Do you swear to stop world hunger,stop all wars in the world,stop climate change etc.... etc...
    Find a Job you love,and you will never work a day in your life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justme1 View Post
    The man didn't start that Oil... sorry i mean War,now tell me how when taking office he could have pulled out of Iraq straight away or within a couple of years????Without even more mayhem which is already there???
    I think Martyn Turner the wonderful cartoonist for the Irish Times summed it up best with his cartoon of the day Obama was being sworn into office with Obama being asked:
    Do you swear to stop world hunger,stop all wars in the world,stop climate change etc.... etc...

I belive a good start , would be for him to stop spending like a drunken sailor. Obama has increased the national debt bt 3 Trillion dollars.

Read em and weep. Notice the years 2008 and 2009. The US is in major financial trouble. We won't even be able to pay the Vig.