Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senator Shane Ross on Derek Mooney now

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Senator Shane Ross on Derek Mooney now

Jaysus!

With RTÉ it's either a famine or a feast!

Ross is playing a blinder there now.

Round two after An Nuacht.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was excellent value as always, and in fairness Mooney was very good on this as well.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to hear Mooney getting stuck in on things other than injured birds, and Ross didn't shy away from the difficult stuff either. Get the feeling that he's getting uncomfortable with that toxic 'Senator' label hanging over him though...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ross did not answer Mooneys question on salaries he earns, a Senators salary +expenses and Sir Anthony's Sunday Business Editor plus his book earnings plus his wife's former salary and now an RTE pension.
    Its really a joke taking Ross serious , has anyone heard him say a word about the disaster the Independent Newspapers group was with current share price and lost investments!!

When are we going learn that the likes of Ross is only making money out of the mess that we are in, they are not the solution!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wicklowperson View Post
    Ross did not answer Mooneys question on salaries he earns, a Senators salary +expenses and Sir Anthony's Sunday Business Editor plus his book earnings plus his wife's former salary and now an RTE pension.
    Its really a joke taking Ross serious , has anyone heard him say a word about the disaster the Independent Newspapers group was with current share price and lost investments!!

When are we going learn that the likes of Ross is only making money out of the mess that we are in, they are not the solution!!
    Ad Hominen waffle.

He has a job(s), and is paid for it. The INM share price has little or nothing to do with him.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I presume his wife earned her salary
    "I will remind the House, perhaps in 12 or 18 months, when prices have again increased by 25% or 30%, that they were told this by the Leader of the House" - Senator Donie Cassidy (April 10th 2008)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My problem with Ross is that he is very good at identifying many of the problems, which is the easy party. I could point you to reams and reams of academic and other works, by myself and others identifying the problems which existed here, written both before, during and after the crash. The difficult thing is drawing a path out of the crisis and I've not heard much from Ross in that regard.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Answer WHAT questions? We know how much he earns in the Seanad, that's available for all to see. His jornalistic career is no business of ours', neither is his wife's for that matter! If we're to go along with this line of thought, he probably married her for her RTE pension and together they're sitting in their living room plotting how to screw the rest of us over. There's no pint looking for villians for the sake of it- we have plenty of people on Kildare St and beyond who actually merit that.
    Has Shane Ross ever been done for expenses?
    No.
    Would he have been if there was anything to find?
    Undoubtedly yes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Ad Hominen waffle.

He has a job(s), and is paid for it. The INM share price has little or nothing to do with him.
    If he was writing for another news group while INM went tits up , he would be berating " Sir " Anthony , the O'Reilly clan , all who see " Sir " as a hero ,etc., etc..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am 80 pages into The Wasters - I've turned into the Incredible Hulk at least 7 times at the revelations within. And I mean proper shirt ripping, rampaging around the city untrammelled rage - hulk outs. If you ever suspected that we lived in a country where the public interest almost always took a back seat to the cess pool of nest feathering and pure gombeenism, have a leaf through this book. I am gobsmacked. Pure and simple. And I thank him for it. The need for a complete shakeout of our system has never been more apparent to me. I want my country back.

Ross serves an excellent function. Shining a light on this and getting people frothing.
    As for the solution. Its fairly straightforward. slash and burn - if you are in a union, leave it - we dont have a real labour movement in Ireland, and havent for many years. And never ever elect a party that has any Civil War lineage ever again. Give me a decade of political instability where a proper political system emerges at the end of it than a repeat of the crap that has gone on for the past 70 years.

And Ross doesnt have to comment on his money - the guy works damn hard for it. And as said earlier, if there was any issue with his expenses we would know about it - too many people with axes to grind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast