Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Garda Assault trial collapses

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Garda Assault trial collapses

Well surprise surprise, the Garda asault trial has just collapsed, citing the release of new information which has come to the attention of the ombudsmans office and prosecution. I wonder if they'll see fit to disclose it to the public. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation.

Garda assault trial has collapsed - RT News
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Judge said in the face of it what has been disclosed is a serious matter and needs to be examined.
    Curious!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what does this exactly mean, for those not in the know?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Well surprise surprise, the Garda asault trial has just collapsed, citing the release of new information which has come to the attention of the ombudsmans office and prosecution. I wonder if they'll see fit to disclose it to the public. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation.

Garda assault trial has collapsed - RT News
    The report says the case has been set for the 10th November,i assume that means a new trial with new Jury Sworn in?.It is rather curious though.

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idle tim View Post
    The report says the case has been set for the 10th November,i assume that means a new trial with new Jury Sworn in?.It is rather curious though.
    I think it means the trial date had been set for then, but that the jury was discharged prior to the beginning of it.
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jquinn View Post
    what does this exactly mean, for those not in the know?

It means the judge feels that the interests of justice would not be served by allowing the trial to continue. He will give more details on November the 10th.

In the meantime, the matter is still sub judice, so any comment or speculation may be prejudicial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Odyessus View Post
    In the meantime, the matter is still sub judice, so any comment or speculation may be prejudicial.
    A very important point well made.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Odyessus View Post
    It means the judge feels that the interests of justice would not be served by allowing the trial to continue. He will give more details on November the 10th.

/MOD/ Exactly. I've removed a number of posts from this thread and am temporarily locking it while the Mods discuss if it should be reopened. /MOD/
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

/MOD/ In light of the fact that the trial has been rescheduled, this thread will remain locked as the case remain sub judice. /MOD/
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.