Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: We will Remember them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default We will Remember them....

It's that time of year again...hope you'll all support the Poppy Appeal for 2010.

*lets leave the usual nonsense aside, for one year!
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    *lets leave the usual nonsense aside, for one year!
    that would be nice, sadly this is one of the topics that is just to tempting for so many of the trolls and muppets on this site.....

still i for one will remember and respect poppy day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed, we will remember them.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.
    When you go home tell them of us, and say,
    For your tomorrows, we gave our today.

I will wear my poppy with pride. We must and will remember those who died in the past so that we could have a future.

The poppy is not a symbol of any one nation, nor is it intended as an affront or an insult to anybody. It is a reminder for us to say no to the hatred of the past and the violence it caused.

We will remember them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before the usual anti-british claptrap appears on this thread, I agree that they should be remembered, wearing a poppy is a personal choice.

We (Ireland) lost alot of men in the two wars, many in the First War were " shilling a day" soldiers, whose pay was sent to their famililes back in Ireland, to reduce the level of squalour that most were living in.

We should be proud of their contribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would urge people NOT to buy this flower as it is contributing money to a foreign army. Until I see the same West Brits who drone about this flower wearing an Easter Lilly and genuinely trying to be a force for reconciliation then I take this flower ad it's wearing to e sign of Southern Unionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I would urge people NOT to buy this flower as it is contributing money to a foreign army. Until I see the same West Brits who drone about this flower wearing an Easter Lilly and genuinely trying to be a force for reconciliation then I take this flower ad it's wearing to e sign of Southern Unionism.
    and thus appears the first troll. the money is not contributed to any army, it is contributed to the legion only, and spend on supporting ex service men and women, further more all monies raised in Ireland are spent in ireland and not in the UK, of course none of that should have any bearing in silly ignorant trolling now should it ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The heroic sacrifice of a generation of patriotic Irishmen in the trenches of Western Europe made Irish freedom possible.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I thought the money went to the British Legion.

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast