Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Youngest Guantanamo victim 'confesses'

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Youngest Guantanamo victim 'confesses'

    Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

    washingtonpost.com

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

    washingtonpost.com
    And sadly since he is not being prosecuted in a civilised country his "confession" will likely have pretty dire consequences for him.
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    And sadly since he is not being prosecuted in a civilised country his "confession" will likely have pretty dire consequences for him.
    He got 8 years with agreement to serve most of it in Canada.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Kevin Parlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    And sadly since he is not being prosecuted in a civilised country his "confession" will likely have pretty dire consequences for him.


    Even Canada, known for lavish dhimmitude don't want him back. He is a committed jihadist from a family of medievally violent jihadists who want to kill you and people like you. Which part of this story are you having difficulty coming to terms with?

    Civilized?

    Here are American soldiers trying to save his life moments after he murdered one of their comrades:



    His side would have cut his head off and dragged him through the streets. Some of the mindless anti-american braying on this site really makes me feel sick.
    "It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them." - Thomas Sowell

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Parlon View Post


    Even Canada, known for lavish dhimmitude don't want him back. He is a committed jihadist from a family of medievally violent jihadists who want to kill you and people like you. Which part of this story are you having difficulty coming to terms with?
    Any evidence?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    46,555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

    washingtonpost.com
    Do you even know what a show trial is, or did you just use the phrase because you heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool?
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Do you even know what a show trial is, or did you just use the phrase because you heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool?
    Isn't that what the FG/LP coalition presided over when "convicting" Nicky Kelly, Osgur Breathnach & Brian McNally? Y'know, with forced "confessions", lies as evidence, sleeping judges & all that mullarky, no?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Kevin Parlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    10,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Any evidence?
    Of what? I know you seem to operate best with received opinion, but in this case, if you don't know the circumstances of this case either 1) try to refrain from displaying your ignorance of it in such a public forum or 2) read up on it yourself.

    Ta,

    Kevin.

    EDIT: Sorry. That's a little harsh. I am assuming triteness on your behalf. Perhaps I am wrong.
    Last edited by Kevin Parlon; 26th October 2010 at 03:04 AM.
    "It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them." - Thomas Sowell

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member L'Chaim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

    washingtonpost.com
    What makes you think he's lying with his confession?
    Fight terror, support Israel!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member USER1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    What makes you think he's lying with his confession?
    Maybe he wasn't however because of the manner in which it was extracted no real court would allow it!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •