Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Campaign for Conscience" launch site against David Norris Aras bid

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The organization called "Campaign for Conscience" have launched a website against David Norris' bid for the Irish Presidency.

The website (http://www.davidnorris4president.com/) focusses on how the Trinity Senator was born "in the Belgian Congo", is homosexual and the website focusses especially on Norris' remarks about "sex with minors" which the site says are "worrying" and refers to a Magill article from 2002 to infer Norris endorses paedophilia.

In an interview with the Magill Magazine in 2002, interviewer Helen Lucy Burke said that she "found some of his views on sexual matters deeply disturbing, notably on sex with minors." During the course of the interview, David said that he "felt there can be something to be said for" classic paedophilia. David clarifies further what he means in the article, which can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/norrisarticle/, but many a reader is left with no other option than to feel that perhaps David Norris views on sex are far more liberal than his or her own.
    In a page asking if people should be concerned with a homosexual President the page (which is also referred to on the site as "How David lives") says homosexuality is "Denounced in Scripture", "Is a lifestyle which has particular heath risks (for example AIDS)", "Is a lifestyle which is often associated with sexual promiscuity" and "Is a lifestyle for which there is no genetic evidence".

The Campaign for Conscience group are led by the Burke family which recently protested against the Civil Unions legislation outside Leinster House and Phoenix Park. The organisation are believed to be closely associated with other religious groups including Coir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well david , michael d was my first choice
    i think norris will be getting my no 2
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its Coir that are scary!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to somewhat confirm the 'classic paedophilla' views in the article he did leap to the defence of Cathal O'Searchaigh in the Senate even though anyone watching that documentary could see that he preyed on teenage boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Its Coir that are scary!!!
    Yeah shocking, an anti gay group opposes a candidate for being gay who would ever have thought it, luckily there so discredited after the lies they told during lisbon treaty run up!!!

He be getting my vote!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I predicted on this board that Norris's Magill interview would inevitably be brought up if he decided to run for President. Norris can hardly be surprised.

john moriarty

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Just to somewhat confirm the 'classic paedophilla' views in the article he did leap to the defence of Cathal O'Searchaigh in the Senate even though anyone watching that documentary could see that he preyed on teenage boys.
    He did. However personally,
    I like Norris, despite his general
    politics - and as someone on here
    once remarked, I'd love to be a
    fly on the wall should he ever
    have to welcome someone like
    Admedinejad to Ireland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW that site is crashing on me everytime - is it to do with the site or my PC?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Surely as COIR are such total oiks this will be making him more electable ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like the pee flynn comment about Mary Robinson, this will do his campaign more good than harm. Keep it up Coir, it's good that they remind us of what a nasty, uncharitable society they want.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast