Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government Ministers using the "royal" "We"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Government Ministers using the "royal" "We"

Something that drives me crazy, and Dermot Ahern just repeated it on the News at One on RTE 1 Radio, when discussing the forthcoming budget and the economic crisis generally, is their CONSTANT use of phrases such as "WE are all suffering" "WE are all in this together" and "WE are all feeling the pain". Harney an others have also used the phrase.

Now, I have news for Dermot, HE is not suffering, HE has an enormous, even with the cut taken, Ministerial salary, HE has a gold plated pension, HE has, still, a huge expenses regeime. HE, when FF/Greens loose the forthcoming election, will NOT suffer. HE will STILL have his Dail salary and a MASSIVE gold plated, index linked, pension if he looses his seat.

Dermot, et al, YOU are NOT suffering and you WILL NOT suffer. YOU are not in this with us. YOU are exempt you cretinous hack. PLEASE desist from talking down to those of us who HAVE suffered, ARE suffering and WILL suffer more.

THE END.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But, of course, it makes perfect sense. The "we" referes to the minister and his Puppet Masters - the landed oligarchy and their bankers. Good to see FF being honest about something.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    Something that drives me crazy, and Dermot Ahern just repeated it on the News at One on RTE 1 Radio, when discussing the forthcoming budget and the economic crisis generally, is their CONSTANT use of phrases such as "WE are all suffering" "WE are all in this together" and "WE are all feeling the pain". Harney an others have also used the phrase.

Now, I have news for Dermot, HE is not suffering, HE has an enormous, even with the cut taken, Ministerial salary, HE has a gold plated pension, HE has, still, a huge expenses regeime. HE, when FF/Greens loose the forthcoming election, will NOT suffer. HE will STILL have his Dail salary and a MASSIVE gold plated, index linked, pension if he looses his seat.

Dermot, et al, YOU are NOT suffering and you WILL NOT suffer. YOU are not in this with us. YOU are exempt you cretinous hack. PLEASE desist from talking down to those of us who HAVE suffered, ARE suffering and WILL suffer more.

THE END.
    I had noticed that too. Tis annoying alright.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I had noticed that too. Tis annoying alright.
    +1. And the "we" they never say is the "We caused the whole sorry mess".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is truly sickening. They call themselves the republican party but actually see themselves as royalty. They have been in power for too long, far too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Great post.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc]YouTube - Applause[/ame]

Great post corelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its a frustration all right when you think of the money these people are still on and then the pain they inflict on others.

Another irritant is ministers talking of money spent using the term "I spent" like its their own money.

Ive already spent 50 million on such an area etc...

No you havent...the taxpayers have.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post

THE END.
    It is a Fianna Fáil tactic to try to spread the blame - so "we" all made the mistake, not just Fianna Fáil.

The "we" changes depending on who they are spreading the blame to.

So when talking about politics, the "we" is all politicians including the opposition, despite the fact that people like Richard Bruton were warning the government from 2002 that their policies were wrong and would cause a crash.

When talking about wild spending, the "we" becomes all the people of Ireland.

The aim is simple - to say nothing is ever Fianna Fáil's fault so "don't blame us for everything."
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The misuse of language is one of the main weapons of policians. Irish politicians do not solve problems nor are they really expected to. Their employers are not the people but in fact their political parties. Their job is to get elected, nothing more nothing less. Expecting anything more of them is quite frankly unfair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We are where we are

We have turned the corner

We are all to blame

We will re-elect Fianna FAIL, of that I have no doubt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast