Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: De-Nazification of FF: Colm McEodhaigh on Newstalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default De-Nazification of FF: Colm McEodhaigh on Newstalk

Former Dublin SE candidate on Newstalk calling on FF to be purged from Ireland just as Germany was de-nazified, saying that FF were a criminal conspiracy over the last 15 years. He was reacting to Chris Andrews merger suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another guest now calling FG and all parties 'fraudulent'. This is getting really hot under the collar on Damien Kiberd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You know, Newstalk have a silly habit of not shutting down their guests when they start going too far. They're going to get themselves in trouble. Again.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Former Dublin SE candidate on Newstalk calling on FF to be purged from Ireland just as Germany was de-nazified, saying that FF were a criminal conspiracy over the last 15 years. He was reacting to Chris Andrews merger suggestion.
    good idea but add fine gael to it and most of those "independent" tds

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    You know, Newstalk have a silly habit of not shutting down their guests when they start going too far. They're going to get themselves in trouble. Again.

It's "talk radio", the lowest life form in the communications industry, what do you expect?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    It's "talk radio", the lowest life form in the communications industry, what do you expect?

Aren't you overlooking web fora (like this one!) where faceless posters can post tripe and bile to their heart's content?

Surely that's quite a few fathoms lower than 'talk radio'?
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I expect the host to understand when things are moving beyond reasoned discussion, towards the realms of libeling individuals. You don't see it on RTE or Today FM, it seems to be solely a Newstalk phenomenon. I love the station, but it's something they need to pay attention to.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't agree completely with McEodhaighs comments on Newstalk but looking at the actions and carry on of Fianna Fail over the years perhaps be has a point in that FF did act, at times, and increasingly so over the last decade, like a criminal organisation. These four councilors are more than likely just the tip of the ice-berg.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I expect the host to understand when things are moving beyond reasoned discussion, towards the realms of libeling individuals. You don't see it on RTE or Today FM, it seems to be solely a Newstalk phenomenon. I love the station, but it's something they need to pay attention to.
    Er, Liveline exists well beyond the realm of reasoned discussion, and has a few libel honours to its name.

You're right for the most part, though this may have more to do with the relative inexperience of Newstalk presenters than anything else. Tom Dunne has plenty of experience doing taped interviews with rock stars, but live radio discussions about politics are a very different beast. Dunne is learning to lead the interviewee if things look likely to get crazy; ditto Kiberd and Yates who are improving by the week.
    "The war against drugs is unique in all conflict: we can win it, simply by ceasing to fight it."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Much better to have FF directed propaganda like The Late late show.

Or RTE radio.

Or RTE tv News

Right Keith?
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast