Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burton: Labour will spare low and middle income families

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Burton: Labour will spare low and middle income families

Labour's Joan Burton said her party will produce a plan which will not force low or middle income families to take all the pain.
    Burton Labour will spare low and middle income families

As a floating voter who is looking to minimise their bill for the current economic crisis. I'd like to know what the labour party's definition of a middle income family is.

Is it a family income of below 100,000?
    I'd really like to know how much I should be earning before I shouldn't bother supporting Labour.

Anyone know what a middle income family is?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squib View Post
    Burton Labour will spare low and middle income families

As a floating voter who is looking to minimise their bill for the current economic crisis. I'd like to know what the labour party's definition of a middle income family is.

Is it a family income of below 100,000?
    I'd really like to know how much I should be earning before I shouldn't bother supporting Labour.

Anyone know what a middle income family is?
    If you're looking for specifics from The Labour Party you'll be waiting a very long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour are opportunistically trying to hold off releasing any economic policies until after the next budget. They know that the current Government need to convince the international community that we have the courage to solve our problems without intervention from the IMF - in the next budget. So if Labour come to power next time, they will deny all responsability for the recent budget cutbacks but yet benefit from their implementation.
    Sly, sly economic policies - but not a surprise from a bunch of fake middle class lefties

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour - yet more soundbites. Still no detail.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She's said that a number of times, that lower and middle class families shouldn't take all the pain.

Who, pray, is saying that they should?

It's just the usual Labour content-free waffle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

Link to "breaking news" dated 18/10/10...now 24/10/10

and seeing as the likes of Tommy et al have responded...perhaps we should
    see all parties response to "low and middle" income families....for BALANCE.....(perhaps!!!!)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Link to "breaking news" dated 18/10/10...now 24/10/10

and seeing as the likes of Tommy et al have responded...perhaps we should
    see all parties response to "low and middle" income families....for BALANCE.....(perhaps!!!!)
    The date of the link is irrelevent. Burton has stated this this several times in an attempt to attract "middle class" voters.

Simple question: what is Labour's definition of a middle income family?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Squib View Post
    The date of the link is irrelevent. Burton has stated this this several times in an attempt to attract "middle class" voters.

Simple question: what is Labour's definition of a middle income family?
    AGREED absolutely...and for balance what are the others????

or is balance not allowed?
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member Reality bites's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Labour - yet more soundbites. Still no detail.
    thats rubbish - 3 clear proposals from the Labour party (from last budget and recently) that could raise up to 2 billion include 3rd rate of tax, ending the massive give away that is pension relief (reduce to standard rate - could raise up to a Billion) plus closing off a lot of other tax reliefs. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

What exactly are FG proposing - I don't see any specifics! Cuts in spending - but what does that mean - I know Id like to know.

Labour believes in a more equal ireland and than begins with a progressive tax system - obviously after that u then look at basic rates. If you don't agree with us that is fine - don't vote for us - but don' expect us to come out and support cuts in social welfare. We're not trying to occupy the same space on political spectrum as FG or PDs.

Changes to CAT or introduction of probate or estate tax could raise a tidy sum too.

Personally, id like to see us proposing a small drop in basic tax credit - even if its symbolic - as a sing of solidarity. On top of that, there should be a move to recognise that current public sector pensions were benchmarked off current salary levels so a drop in salaries as happened last year should be recognised in pensions.

There are lots of small things that add up to large sums, without seriously affecting those in low to mid income brackets. Middle income families would be those on 30-80k i would imagine.
    'I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts' -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The median earner pays a mere 4% income tax
    A little quiz on Ireland’s income tax | Ronan Lyons

Offering to protect them is just pure vote grabbing

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast