Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much the Party costs us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How much the Party costs us!

It costs a lot of money for a hell of a party...

FF...5.6 million
    FG...4.7 million
    Labour...1.9 million
    The Greens...726,000
    SF....750,000
    PDs...75,572

TOTAL....13.8 million

WE paid for their conferences...their media training...their s0dding newspapers...etc...etc....

me thinks its time they had a whip around if they want to buy a bouquet of flowers for someone!!!

In addition to their expense accounts mind!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Na Glasraí succeed in banning corporate donations we will have to pay even more .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    If Na Glasraí succeed in banning corporate donations we will have to pay even more .
    Hopefully this will come to pass very soon. Corporations cannot vote, they should not be able to donate to political parties. Only the corrupt support corporate donations.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its a crazy amount of money all right, but its another place FF will really feel the pinch if an electoral disaster comes to pass. The amounts of monies recieved is dependent on things like number of first preference votes recieved, numbers of TD's/Senators etc.. if they have a really significant drop in these, they will also have a huge drop in funds available for any fight back
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for this note. It is correct. Either we can stop large donations to political parties and increase the cost to the Exchequer significantly, or we can keep large donations and also reduce the tax we raise to fund political activities. We live in the age after mass parties, so the only alternative is to allow a big advantage to shallow and populist candidates like Barack Obama, who capitalise on a temporary broad feeling of anger rather than any deep commitment among supporters.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats actually not very much.

I know, I know,I should pretend to be outraged, ........recession..........fatcats.......ordinary working man...............18m............how many hospital beds...........etc.

But I can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed. To circumvent this they also need to ban political parties. Instead of them we can elect true independent representatives, rather than people who are going to be loyal to party faction instead of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    its a crazy amount of money all right, but its another place FF will really feel the pinch if an electoral disaster comes to pass. The amounts of monies recieved is dependent on things like number of first preference votes recieved, numbers of TD's/Senators etc.. if they have a really significant drop in these, they will also have a huge drop in funds available for any fight back
    Indeed...
    Now while I realise the trouble that FF mainly...Fg to a lesser extent(I think!!) and Labour courtesy of the unions recieve their funding. But have to say...I personally do not give a monkeys!. To think that my tax would go to towards "meeja" training,flower arrangements and conferences while I'm busy fundraising to pay the schools water charges is INSANE!!

Let them get out and shake a bucket( I know they do....sorta!!)...and take a weekly debit from each elected rep..and live within a budget....just like the rest of us!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Let them get out and shake a bucket
    Likely to be plumped down upsidedown on top of their head by some passerby - which is somewhat understandable tbh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ocoonassa View Post
    Indeed. To circumvent this they also need to ban political parties. Instead of them we can elect true independent representatives, rather than people who are going to be loyal to party faction instead of us.
    Ah. Which of course results in only those rich enough to afford posters/Paper ads/Radio spots being elected.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast