Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty Promises

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Empty Promises

Free GP care for all within five years of a Fine Gael led government: Dr James Reilly in today's MOS. Has the guy not been given a glimpse of the Dept of Finance's books? I thought it was this kind of 'auction politics' that got us into this mess in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Wept View Post
    I thought
    That puts you in the tiny minority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Free GP care for all within five years of a Fine Gael led government: Dr James Reilly in today's MOS. Has the guy not been given a glimpse of the Dept of Finance's books? I thought it was this kind of 'auction politics' that got us into this mess in the first place.
    James Reilly is the #1 thing stopping me from enthusiastically singing Fine Gael to high heaven, as opposed to merely supporting them. He is so bad that he beats Enda in to #2 position.

I'm sick to the teeth of these blubbering idiots who think education and health is free.. someone has to pay.

And why do so many people (Pr*icks) on this site think that other people (like politicians and councillors) can give them a free easy life?
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern manís existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should be sacked on the spot, except he won't because he stood by Inda when he was needed. He is a moaning joeduffyish plank, vocal in his often misdirected (and probably simulated) anger, but clueless at offering alternatives other than spending yet more money than isn't there. Can't understand why he didn't join Labour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Should be sacked on the spot, except he won't because he stood by Inda when he was needed. He is a moaning joeduffyish plank, vocal in his often misdirected (and probably simulated) anger, but clueless at offering alternatives other than spending yet more money than isn't there. Can't understand why he didn't join Labour.
    The unions already control Labour. They need their man in FG more than another man in Labour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Heneberry View Post
    I'm sick to the teeth of these blubbering idiots who think education and health is free.. someone has to pay.
    Its up to us to think for ourselves. Universal Health Insurance is not free, it will be close to what we pay for VHI+ Health levy. The only advantage is that everyone is covered but it will not be cheap.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you had bothered to read the Faircare document you would know that free GP care is paid out of health insurance, not taxes. But why let the facts interfere with a usual p.ie rant!
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we should have free GP care, free education, free houses and free love. Oh, and I want the rich to pay. Blub,blub,blub. :P
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    If you had bothered to read the Faircare document you would know that free GP care is paid out of health insurance, not taxes. But why let the facts interfere with a usual p.ie rant!
    Nope.

Faircare has taxpayers paying for lowest paid's insurance premium and subsidising the middle bracket.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast