Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Andrews TD calls for FF to merge with FG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chris Andrews TD calls for FF to merge with FG!

I didn't quite believe this but it's true. I've copied his Tweets below. After failing to save FF with the National Govt ruse, FF are now just going for the Big One and calling for both parties to merge into one because 'voters can't tell the difference between them'! And this from the grandson of Todd Andrews, a founder of FF and vicious anti treatyite.

FG are not getting the traction in the polls because people see little difference between FF and FG. A merger makes sense to me
    Twitter• 23/10/2010 18:40
    Is this the most obvious pubic admission that FF TDs are utterly panicking? They obviously suspect that FF are looking at a generation or more out of power.

When asked how long a merger would take to complete he said this;

If people were serious it shouldn't take long. I believe there is as much difference within FF as there is between FF and FG.
    Twitter• 23/10/2010 19:14
    If this happened it would utterly transform the political landscape and probably result in the traditional left/right split found in other countries. Certainly Labour would have to benefit as they would automatically become the main opposition party.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they really are desperate to stay in power,can you imagine whats going to come out when a new govt. gets in.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    they really are desperate to stay in power,can you imagine whats going to come out when a new govt. gets in.
    Much more likely that Ganley will come out with PD2 backed by Indo etc in the hope of reducing the FG vote and keeping their snouts in the trough.

Politics.ie Member Goldencircle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shudder
    Its either Corruption or Stupidity

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enda needs to squish this idea fast.

FFers need to know there'll be no hiding place, no sanctuary, no amnesty. They are going to PAY for their treachery.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF - Dead party walking. Well, crawling more so than walking.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post

If people were serious it shouldn't take long. I believe there is as much difference within FF as there is between FF and FG.
    Twitter• 23/10/2010 19:14
    And no doubt Chris has always been on the good side, sticking up for the people. Pity his "side" always managed to marginally lose, and FF policy became what it is.
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Invite him to cross the floor and help bring about an election.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    I didn't quite believe this but it's true. I've copied his Tweets below. After failing to save FF with the National Govt ruse, FF are now just going for the Big One and calling for both parties to merge into one because 'voters can't tell the difference between them'! And this from the grandson of Todd Andrews, a founder of FF and vicious anti treatyite.

Is this the most obvious pubic admission that FF TDs are utterly panicking? They obviously suspect that FF are looking at a generation or more out of power.

If this happened it would utterly transform the political landscape and probably result in the traditional left/right split found in other countries. Certainly Labour would have to benefit as they would automatically become the main opposition party.

Desperation stakes!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast