Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Ideal Labour and Fine Gael ministeries in Government

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Caisleán Cnucha / Castleknock
    Posts
    9,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Ideal Labour and Fine Gael ministeries in Government

    It would all depend on how many TD's they get and who is likely to be Taoiseach.

    I don't know most of the Labour front bench. So I would fill most of the missing blanks in with Labour members.

    So???

    Taoiseach- Eamon Gilmore

    Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs- Enda Kenny

    Department of Finance- Joan Burton
    Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation- Richard Bruton
    Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
    Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
    Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs- Fergus O'Dowd
    Department of Defence-
    Department of Education and Skills- Jan O'Sullivan
    Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government
    Department of Health and Children- Dr. James Reilly
    Department of Justice and Law Reform- Alan Shatter
    Department of Social Protection
    Department of Tourism, Culture and Sport
    Department of Transport

    However it does break down I think that the next Government made up by Labour and Fine Gael is going to be a lot more competent and radical than the current one.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #Gaeloideachas #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev #BanHunting

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    It would all depend on how many TD's they get and who is likely to be Taoiseach.

    I don't know most of the Labour front bench. So I would fill most of the missing blanks in with Labour members.

    So???

    Taoiseach- Eamon Gilmore

    Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs- Enda Kenny

    Department of Finance- Joan Burton
    Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation- Richard Bruton
    Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
    Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
    Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs- Fergus O'Dowd
    Department of Defence-
    Department of Education and Skills- Jan O'Sullivan
    Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government
    Department of Health and Children- Dr. James Reilly
    Department of Justice and Law Reform- Alan Shatter
    Department of Social Protection
    Department of Tourism, Culture and Sport
    Department of Transport

    However it does break down I think that the next Government made up by Labour and Fine Gael is going to be a lot more competent and radical than the current one.

    Well Enda Kenny will be Taoiseach anyway. Finance would have to be Gilmore (Sadly), Enterprise would be Bruton, Public Sector Reform would be Leo Varadkar. Health would be Reilly and Law would be Shatter. Transport would be Simon Coveney.

    The other roles would be Labour.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member RahenyFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wernham and Hogg Ltd, Slough
    Posts
    9,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Can't leave Leo out. The man has the makings of a great minister and future Fine Gael leader

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member PUFF DADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,003
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayEagle View Post
    Well Enda Kenny will be Taoiseach anyway. Finance would have to be Gilmore (Sadly), Enterprise would be Bruton, Public Sector Reform would be Leo Varadkar. Health would be Reilly and Law would be Shatter. Transport would be Simon Coveney.

    The other roles would be Labour.
    Does the MOF have to go to LAB, if the case FG have the most seats ? I mean is it a given that the smaller party gets MOF, tanaiste yep, but it does not have to be MOF surely as well, I think Eamonn would not be right for the country as MOF, maybe enterprise or foreign affairs, in these times we need Bruton or Leo me thinks. MOF is the main role in govt tbh
    Repeal the 8th

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Caisleán Cnucha / Castleknock
    Posts
    9,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    Can't leave Leo out. The man has the makings of a great minister and future Fine Gael leader
    I wouldn't leave him out either. I am not sure where he would go to. He would be suited to more than one department.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #Gaeloideachas #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev #BanHunting

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd love to see one of the old warhorses like Pat Rabbitte or Michael Noonan given the Justice brief with a mandate to reform the legal profession. Certainly the last thing we need is yet another lawyer protecting the closed shop down at the Four Goldmines.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Rocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayEagle View Post
    Well Enda Kenny will be Taoiseach anyway. Finance would have to be Gilmore (Sadly), Enterprise would be Bruton, Public Sector Reform would be Leo Varadkar. Health would be Reilly and Law would be Shatter. Transport would be Simon Coveney.

    The other roles would be Labour.
    I would agree that Kenny will be Taoiseach meaning that Lab will have to get Finance.
    I don't think that Gilmore will take it himself though.
    Burton is the obvious choice and in my view would be very sucessful in the role. However I am not sure how widely that opinion is held among the public.
    I would not be suprised if Rabbitte or Quinn ended up in the job.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member DJCB33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    If Alan Kelly as expected stands for the Dail he would make an excellent minister, he's a future leader of Lab. Sean Sherlock would do well in agriculture but FG big farmer histrory might not allow that, Rabbit would be a far superior minister for justice to D Ahern, a monkey would also be superior to him.

    Who could handle health? Shatter or Shorthall would be the two big hitters but would want Angola?
    You may not be interested in the dialectic, but the dialectic is interested in you - Trotsky

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Greener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidoff View Post
    I'd love to see one of the old warhorses like Pat Rabbitte or Michael Noonan given the Justice brief with a mandate to reform the legal profession. Certainly the last thing we need is yet another lawyer protecting the closed shop down at the Four Goldmines.
    What a stupid, bald, and factually incorrect statement.

    What "reforms" do you believe need to be made.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Caisleán Cnucha / Castleknock
    Posts
    9,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJCB33 View Post
    If Alan Kelly as expected stands for the Dail he would make an excellent minister, he's a future leader of Lab. Sean Sherlock would do well in agriculture but FG big farmer histrory might not allow that, Rabbit would be a far superior minister for justice to D Ahern, a monkey would also be superior to him.

    Who could handle health? Shatter or Shorthall would be the two big hitters but would want Angola?
    Have you never heard of Dr. James Reilly, the FG deputy leader, TD for Dublin North, their Health and Children spokesperson and former head of the IMO?
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #Gaeloideachas #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev #BanHunting

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •