Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "I am a Romani woman"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "I am a Romani woman"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zhBvPn34o]YouTube - Európai Roma N[/ame]

Good video that puts a human face on the objects of so much hatred and violence.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today I walked past four begging today.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously that second 'today' is superfluous.

Can you not edit posts?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many roma that follow modern culture are attacked compared to ones that follow old culture attacked?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaxHavenSite View Post
    How many roma that follow modern culture are attacked compared to ones that follow old culture attacked?
    How do you manage to c^ck up one small sentence so badly?

Regardless, having forensically converted your post into english, I see that you essentially condone attacks against those that follow what you deem to be the "wrong" culture. Well done, that's the kind of society we need to strive for alright...
    There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning. (W.B.)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmill View Post
    How do you manage to c^ck up one small sentence so badly?

Regardless, having forensically converted your post into english, I see that you essentially condone attacks against those that follow what you deem to be the "wrong" culture. Well done, that's the kind of society we need to strive for alright...
    I'm not supporting it,im just curious. Is it more of a racial violence,or just a culture violence?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "old culture" (I am presuming you are refering to nomadism?) had vanished with the general modernization of Eastern and Central Europe following its liberation by the Red Army and the genuine social progress that sprung from that....The contemporary "old culture" which I presume you are refering to is very much the product of the social breakdown that followed the introduction of full blown capitalism with the fall of the people's democracies...Very much also a product of the marginalization and violence the Roma suffered as a result of that...It is lumpen and anti-social and needs to be dealt with....However all Roma are subject to fascist violence and discrimination no matter how law abiding and God-fearing (as Romani often are).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Couldn't give a monkey's just leave me alone while I'm walking down a public street and stop using your kids or your relatives kids as props to aid your begging. If an Irish person did it they would be pulled up. But the Roma can live in sqaulor and nothing is done.
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game (unless they are FF then 10 years service in a penal battalion is acceptable)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    The "old culture" (I am presuming you are refering to nomadism?) had vanished with the general modernization of Eastern and Central Europe following its liberation by the Red Army and the genuine social progress that sprung from that....The contemporary "old culture" which I presume you are refering to is very much the product of the social breakdown that followed the introduction of full blown capitalism with the fall of the people's democracies...Very much also a product of the marginalization and violence the Roma suffered as a result of that...It is lumpen and anti-social and needs to be dealt with....However all Roma are subject to fascist violence and discrimination no matter how law abiding and God-fearing (as Romani often are).
    Is the violence against the Romani,because of the areas that had a social breakdown?

God-fearing is part of old culture(s)

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it more of a racial violence,or just a culture violence?
    Race is a social concept, scientifically it is nebulous at best. So your question is meaningless. I feel the point in my previous point stands...
    There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning. (W.B.)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast