Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Google Streetview be used by criminals...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will Google Streetview be used by criminals...

....to case houses and businesses?. It is the perfect tool for them isn't it?. Criminals no longer have to go out and case their potential targets, they can do it from the comfort of their own home. A quarter of a million Germans have asked Google not to show their property.

Google says 250,000 Germans opt out of Street View | Raw Story

I will be doing the same. I think anyone who wants to protect their property should.

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I was a robber then I'd head for the streets where Google don't operate, wouldn't you?

Gimpanzee

Yes, a photo of someones gaff taken 18 months ago - its practically the same as handing them the keys, innit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredger View Post
    ....to case houses and businesses?. It is the perfect tool for them isn't it?. Criminals no longer have to go out and case their potential targets, they can do it from the comfort of their own home. A quarter of a million Germans have asked Google not to show their property.

Google says 250,000 Germans opt out of Street View | Raw Story

I will be doing the same. I think anyone who wants to protect their property should.
    Are you making that implication that our government is corrupt[t?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    Yes, a photo of someones gaff taken 18 months ago - its practically the same as handing them the keys, innit?
    No, it isn't. It does however give them the opportunity to view a target in detail from a higher angle, access entry points, blindspots and in some cases streetview even peers over fences, walls and hedges. My own back garden is visible on streetview as it has a wall running alongside the road, I consider that an invasion of privacy and a potential threat to the security of my property.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maps in general are the tool of the devil. People can probably pre plan attacks on the elderly using these foul things.
    Hitler used them to attack Poland.

We should ban all technology and knowledge.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm, you're a thief and you're wandering down a road on StreetView. You see N0.1,2,3,4 all looking nice and pretty. No.5 is blocked. No6,7,8 and the rest are clear. Does it cross your mind that just maybe No.5 has something nice that they want to keep hidden?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes it will be used by a small number of criminals. It will also be overwhelmingly used by well meaning individuals who consider it a fabulous resource.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's even an "interactive movie" available from Google (Chrome browser required) involving Streetview and clearly featuring some criminal type, given the running, hoodie-wearing and loud music involved.

www.thewildernessdowntown.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm hoping some philanthropist will spot my humble abode and send me a few pound.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast