Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FG plans civil service reforms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG plans civil service reforms

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been set up on this already. Or I least I couldn't find one anyway.

From the Irish Times

A slimmed-down civil service, a new cabinet minister for public sector reform and the abolition of the HSE “in its current form” are among a number of measures Fine Gael is proposing as part of a radical overhaul of the public service.

The party plans to publish the proposals within weeks to make what it claims would be the “most radical change in the way the Irish State works since its foundation”.
    FG plans civil service reforms - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 22, 2010

This does seem solid, very progressive and much needed and I look forward to seeing the full policy document.

It's also noticeable that Richard Bruton hasn't either been pushed to one side or chosen to fall back after the events of last June. He has stayed front and centre and being the man behind what will be with NewEra and Faircure a crucial part of the Fine Gael general election campaign, that will continue to be the case. The same is true of Varadakar, Hayes, Coveney and O'Dowd who have all been very visible in recent weeks and months and I think Kenny and the rebels should be praised for that. It is a testimony to their commitment and drive.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

eh, what now? FG have been "planning" this for a while. They should do proper work and expose the gravy train for what it is and then move to not claim the spoils themselves. That would truly put the cat among the pigeons. Highlight what they are giving up and embarrass the rest into doing the same.

Of course they wont do this because they have zero backbone and zero credibility. Meanwhile, the produce policy after policy which gathers dust on the shelf just like Mary and the other FFs do.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure the gravy train is exposed day in day out and I don't see too many pigeons remotely inconvenienced by the revelations. BTW, Blueboys have been in opposition since 1997, producing policy after policy which gathers dust on the shelf is what oppositions do

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd have to love their plan to copy the budget office of the bankrupt US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL if that's "the most radical change" they've got to offer, well really the whole thing is just spin and hot air, and the attachment of the word 'radical' to it is nothing more than an outright offensive lie. It is mere tinkering with the gravy train, some few in the caboose to be cut loose, but still full steam ahead for all the civil war dinosaurs in The Party.

If you vote for these people you're an ignorant fool I'd hazard and your only saving grace is that you don't vote for one of the other parties.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seangos View Post
    Sure the gravy train is exposed day in day out and I don't see too many pigeons remotely inconvenienced by the revelations. BTW, Blueboys have been in opposition since 1997, producing policy after policy which gathers dust on the shelf is what oppositions do
    What I am talking about is them giving up their l;ittle perks, like the ministerial pensions. Now I know Inda has given his up but it was more kicking and screaming rather than voluntarily now really, wasn't it? He should stand up in the Dail, list all the perks and say that him and all his members will be foregoing the perks at least until the economy recovers.

But no, no backbone to do something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    What I am talking about is them giving up their l;ittle perks, like the ministerial pensions. Now I know Inda has given his up but it was more kicking and screaming rather than voluntarily now really, wasn't it? He should stand up in the Dail, list all the perks and say that him and all his members will be foregoing the perks at least until the economy recovers.

But no, no backbone to do something like that.
    Christ. Yeah they should all strave themselves. That would solve the country's problems.

If this is the standard of debate in this country is it any wonder that we're ************************************.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Christ. Yeah they should all strave themselves. That would solve the country's problems.

If this is the standard of debate in this country is it any wonder that we're ************************************.
    FG wants to slash PS pay so why don't they lead by example. Real example now, not stunts like Kenny asking for a pay cut in a blaze of publicity and then a few weeks later quietly asking for it to be reversed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    FG wants to slash PS pay so why don't they lead by example. Real example now, not stunts like Kenny asking for a pay cut in a blaze of publicity and then a few weeks later quietly asking for it to be reversed.
    Can you quote where it says Fine Gael want to slash public sector pay?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Can you quote where it says Fine Gael want to slash public sector pay?
    http://www.finegael.org/upload/file/...20Nov%2009.pdf

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast