Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Democracy at its best" (FF doublespeak)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Democracy at its best" (FF doublespeak)

But committee member and Fianna Fail TD Bobby Aylward said:

"You can call it a party whip or whatever -- but I'd be calling it democracy at its best."

Ombudsman says FF forced TDs to reject fishing report - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    I feel physically ill at the above.

As each day passes, and I hear more and more of this kind of thing, perpetuated not just by FF, but by all of this country's institutions, the more I feel the weight of the tyranny upon us.
    “Words are animals, alive with a will of their own”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The FF boys club don't like Emily and her investigation of done deals.
    The remedy is better media coverage of this grubby little stitch up.
    And get the 9 FF TD's to explain to their electorate why they voted as they did.
    Only one person benifited as I can see.
    Its only a chat, we ain't the world council.

Funny how she doesn't criticise all those who voted for it along party lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Funny how she doesn't criticise all those who voted for it along party lines.
    Funny how you present a vote on the facts of the report, against Fahy, as a vote along party lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roc_ View Post
    As each day passes, and I hear more and more of this kind of thing, perpetuated not just by FF, but by all of this country's institutions, the more I feel the weight of the tyranny upon us.
    A Czech friend recently described to me life under communism, how it wasn't ideologues who had control of the Party. It was the bullies, the not too brainy strongmen who had just enough nous to know their interests could be advanced through oppressive power disguised as the will of the proletariat.

Well here it's the same type who create a mild but firm tyranny disguised as democracy. I could take the democratic failings of our system if we had a true republic, with dispersed centres of power keeping check on each other. But we don't - everything is centralised to the Dail, the government and ultimately one flawed individual, the Taioseach. It is crushing the country slowly and painfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Libero View Post
    Funny how you present a vote on the facts of the report, against Fahy, as a vote along party lines.
    That is how it ended up so perhaps time to question non FF members on it, were they voting in support of it because it was FF the report was criticising or because they had actually read it.

The former is more likely than the latter.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    That is how it ended up so perhaps time to question non FF members on it, were they voting in support of it because it was FF the report was criticising or because they had actually read it.

The former is more likely than the latter.
    How very dare you Sir!!

Has Libero not already shown, in clear and unambiguous terms, that if the members of the opposition parties vote in a particular way, it can be taken as a self-evident fact that they do so for the very best of reasons.

If this "fact" is not accepted, this conversation will get nowhere at all.

Cop yourself on and discuss this on Libero's terms, if you please.

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see FF headquarters is quiet this morning, odie & tonic must have been exempted from duty while their betters cook up some half arsed way to spin the ESRI report of yesterday as actually supporting the governments strategy.
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    I see FF headquarters is quiet this morning, odie & tonic must have been exempted from duty while their betters cook up some half arsed way to spin the ESRI report of yesterday as actually supporting the governments strategy.
    Christ almighty, I hope that's not an attempt to "DERAIL A THREAD", oh Lord, I can feel the vapours coming on.

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The brazen thievery in the first place was bad enough. All of them pulling together to support it is absolutely sickening. But having the FFbots on here gloating about is almost too much. Don't they have any normal decency, shame or compassion?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast