Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Green House' Gas Emissions Down 8%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 'Green House' Gas Emissions Down 8%

Ireland's so called 'Green House' Gas Emissions are down 8% year on year. While Greenpeace might be delighted, the decrease in emissions is a direct result of the decrease in economic activity in the country as a whole. In other words, what's good for the environment is bad for the economy. Suddenly the Greens tactics make sense. Damage the economy as much as possible with taxes on everything, resist the creation of jobs by pricing labour out of the Market, waste money in tidal or space hopper technology instead of something that would actually produce energy like nuclear, and voilà, the economy takes one for 'the team'.

Who says the Greens aren't getting things done?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1022/environment.html
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    Ireland's so called 'Green House' Gas Emissions are down 8% year on year. While Greenpeace might be delighted, the decrease in emissions is a direct result of the decrease in economic activity in the country as a whole. In other words, what's good for the environment is bad for the economy. Suddenly the Greens tactics make sense. Damage the economy as much as possible with taxes on everything, resist the creation of jobs by pricing labour out of the Market, waste money in tidal or space hopper technology instead of something that would actually produce energy like nuclear, and voilà, the economy takes one for 'the team'.

First fall in greenhouse gases in 20 years - RT News
    +1

The greenparty agenda to send us back to the dark ages and medieval feudalism is well underway.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the real reason the Greens are determined to stay in Government. Bet they never thought they'd be so successful in achieveing one of their key aims - permanent recession.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First fall in greenhouse gas level in 20 years - RT News
    Oh and our national income fell by about 8% at exactly the same time.

That translated into higher unemployment for the moment and will mean lower income in the future or a persistance in unemployment.

Imagine if we achieve the 70, 80 or even 90% reductions those economically illetrate tree hugging warmy cult morons want. sio nara baby.
    IPCC (Chapter 14, 14.2.2.2, Working Group 1, The Scientific Basis)
    Third Assessment Report: “long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there is more than one way to reduce emissions and to assume it means causing/using a recession is just lazy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAD1OH View Post
    there is more than one way to reduce emissions and to assume it means causing/using a recession is just lazy.
    Or an exercise in cheap point-scoring for people who believe that business shouldn't be regulated in any way, and who therefore want to try to set up the emotive link "emissions cuts = recession".

Admittedly that's based on the assumption that virtually nobody's actually dim enough not to understand causality, although I can see that CS has already posted.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First fall in greenhouse gas level in 20 years - RT News
    LeDroit, I'm not gonna address your post (admittedly I did find it a tad funny), but I do notice you put green house in inverted commas. I know you're a climate change sceptic, but do you not even believe in the green house effect? As I've told you before, it's very easy to prove - 2 plastic bottles, some co2, thermometers and ordinary air. Without green house gases we would freeze to death.Evann the nuttiest anti climate changers acknowledge the greenhouse effect.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Personally I dont know enough about the green house gases, global warming/cooling/climate change. Scientists seem to be onb both sides. I do however believe that our depoendancy on fosils is bad and we should reduce on that alone. However, the Greenies policies are what I have a problem with, or rather how they go about them.

The lightbuld ban is one.

Another one I have been told about, the truth is out there somewhere, but these diesel cars, apparently they spew massive amounts of other climate/environment damaging gases worse than carbon, so the whole drive diesel and save CO2 is doing even more damage than the unleaded petrol engines.

Not sure how true it is but thought it important to throw it out there.

Oh, and how the hell do they manage green house gas emissions? Do they know how many miles I drive? etc. Seems like a hell of a lot of data they need to gather and I have no understanding of how they gather it. Is it an exact science?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_93 View Post
    LeDroit, I'm not gonna address your post (admittedly I did find it a tad funny), but I do notice you put green house in inverted commas. I know you're a climate change sceptic, but do you not even believe in the green house effect? As I've told you before, it's very easy to prove - 2 plastic bottles, some co2, thermometers and ordinary air. Without green house gases we would freeze to death.Evann the nuttiest anti climate changers acknowledge the greenhouse effect.
    Regrettably, the outer fringes of the political are habituated to ignoring mere reality when it conflicts with doctrine.

cue playground response of "you're one yourself, doodiehead"
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Greens are a very smart bunch!
    Reduce the economy,, emissions fall!
    Get rid of the Greens,,,, less bullsh1te,,emissions fall even more!
    P.S flying in organic fruit and veg is not organic.
    PPS Global warming has been happening since the ICE AGE.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast