Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Audacity to hope!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Audacity to hope!

Seeing that Ireland is on the long slippery slope to penury and despair can we still have the audacity to hope? I think there's a wonderful consensus emerging that we all want an election. Let every party lay their manifesto on the table and let the people decide what's best. This is what has to happen to give Ireland the audacity to hope! All the bluster and crap has to end! Just saying what everybody is feeling. All party consensus is an affront to democracy and to the people of Ireland!

I hope one of my PhD applications is accepted and I can get the hell out of here. The country is probably better off without me, anyway.
    Repeal the 27th.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manna View Post
    Seeing that Ireland is on the long slippery slope to penury and despair can we still have the audacity to hope?
    Stop being so melodramatic, we're going to see a perhaps 20% cut in our overall living standards, it's not the end of the world. You'd swear we were going to end up back in scenes from Angela's Ashes the way people are carrying on. No-one is going to starve and everyone will have a roof over their head.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    I hope one of my PhD applications is accepted and I can get the hell out of here. The country is probably better off without me, anyway.
    I think Ireland is at the precipice looking yonder for some hope and before she knows it there will be someone pushing her off in to a quagmire of her own deserving unless she has the audacity to hope and call an election. I think you should go if you get the chance: what's the point in you staying here. Hope your successful!