Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mobile phone radiation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mobile phone radiation

So lately I have been having discomfort around my right ear and even some pain behind my ear and it got me thinking about mobile phone radiation.
    Even though the model phone I have (Samsung) is one of the better ones with regard to SAR radiation (you can check yours here: Cell Phone Radiation Chart - Mobile phone EMF safety shield) - however I live in a rural area with sometimes a weak signal and apparently that causes radiation to increase.

Smart phones (apple iphones etc) have particularly high radiation levels.

Also something I did not know is that cordless phones can emit even much higher radiation than mobile phones!

So I did a little research and I have decided to go ahead and order SAR shield (a little sticker you put on the back of the phone which absorbs and deflects up to 89% of the radiation away from your head). I got 3 of them to put on my cordless phones also. At €38.74 I figured they weren't going to break the bank and hopefully you can transfer them when you get a new phone.

Cell Phone Radiation SAR Shield. Mobile phone radiation chart

SAR Shield reduce cell phone radiation - HiTech Review

There are lots of gimmicky shields out there but as far as I can tell SAR shield is the only one proven to work.

I await the postman with interest.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=rhonda15;3098218]So lately I have been having discomfort around my right ear and even some pain behind my ear and it got me thinking about mobile phone radiation.
    Even though the model phone I have (Samsung) is one of the better ones with regard to SAR radiation (you can check yours here: Cell Phone Radiation Chart - Mobile phone EMF safety shield) - however I live in a rural area with sometimes a weak signal and apparently that causes radiation to increase.

Smart phones (apple iphones etc) have particularly high radiation levels.

Also something I did not know is that cordless phones can emit even much higher radiation than mobile phones!

So I did a little research and I have decided to go ahead and order SAR shield (a little sticker you put on the back of the phone which absorbs and deflects up to 89% of the radiation away from your head). I got 3 of them to put on my cordless phones also. At 38.74 I figured they weren't going to break the bank and hopefully you can transfer them when you get a new phone.

Cell Phone Radiation SAR Shield. Mobile phone radiation chart

SAR Shield reduce cell phone radiation - HiTech Review

There are lots of gimmicky shields out there but as far as I can tell SAR shield is the only one proven to work.

I await the postman with interest.[/QUOTE]

I suppose since the milk-men stopped calling..............

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Proven to work by whom? Can you explain how it works- what the science is?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stripey cat View Post
    This should be good.
    /me opens the popcorn (microwaved of course) and a can of Coca Cola to upset the gooders.

Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought you had to pay to advertise on politics.ie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stripey cat View Post
    The SAR Shield combines technology from the materials used to shield Stealth Bombers from radar detection and telecommunications fields in the shape of a flexible sticker no larger than the size of a nickel that absorbs the electromagnetic waves (radiation) emitted while the phone is in use. The SAR Shield then deflects the waves away from the user’s ear and skull, reducing the specific absorption rate (SAR) upwards of 89%, which is quite an impressive achievement, to say the least.

"This is the first generation that has put relatively high-powered transmitters against the head, day after day," says Dr. Ross Adey, who has been studying microwave radiation for decades, and is one of the most respected scientists in the field.

The SAR Shield retails for $15, which is quite an attractive price point, at least as long as the device manages to deliver on its promise, of course, which is most likely the case, given the fact that it's FCC approved. Plus, a part of this money will be donated by the company to brain cancer awareness and further studies on cell phone radiation.
    SAR Shield Cuts Down Your Phone's SAR Value - Softpedia

SAR Shield :: Sigma Automotive

(FCC is the Federal Communications Commission) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The sticker is applied to the back of the phone.

The radiation from the phone's antenna radiates in all directions including from the front of the phone.

The front of the phone is the part that is pointing at the user's head.

So unless the sticker is absorbing the energy, focusing it and reradiating it in another direction, then it is effectively useless. If it is altering the properties of the phone's antenna then there might be some basis for the claims however the big problem is that nobody had differentiated ionising radiation from non-ionising radiation.

The simplest solution would be to use a hands-free headset so that you would not be putting the transmitter right beside your head.

Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    The sticker is applied to the back of the phone.

The radiation from the phone's antenna radiates in all directions including from the front of the phone.

The front of the phone is the part that is pointing at the user's head.

So unless the sticker is absorbing the energy, focusing it and reradiating it in another direction, then it is effectively useless. If it is altering the properties of the phone's antenna then there might be some basis for the claims however the big problem is that nobody had differentiated ionising radiation from non-ionising radiation.

The simplest solution would be to use a hands-free headset so that you would not be putting the transmitter right beside your head.

Regards...jmcc
    I believe that is exactly what it does.

It's kind of hard to find hands-free sets for home cordless phones.

Last edited by rhonda15; 21st October 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope they are more effective than the radiation shields they used to put in front of computer monitors some years ago. They were good at gathering dust making it almost impossible to view what was on the screen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    I believe that is exactly what it does.
    I don't and would need a lot more data and explanation to even come close to believing it. The claims about Stealth technology are just marketing from what I can see. The reality is that some of the materials used in Stealth can be toxic and much of the reduction in radar signature of a stealth aircraft is down to reflection. Think of a flat mirror. It reflects an image. What some of Stealth technology does is to change that mirror from being a single surface to a multiple surfaces pointing in different directions so instead of a single image being reflected, multiple images are reflected in different directions. This means that the radar does not get a nice clean return on its signal. The process does not entirely eliminate the aircraft's radar signature. That's where the Materials Science comes in. By using exotic materials, some of the signal can be absorbed or converted to another form of energy.

It's kind of hard to find hands-free sets for home cordless phones.
    There's a lot of scare stories out there about this kind of thing and many of them are put about by people trying to sell things.

Regards...jmcc

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast