Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Voices from the Grave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Voices from the Grave

RTÉ 1 will screen Voices from the Grave on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. Read the book recently and should make for an interesting documentary

Podcast of discussion on the Pat Kenny radio show about the programme

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/p...thpatkenny.mp3

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what's it about? can't listen to podcasts where i am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A book that was released earlier in the year containing interviews with Brendan Hughes and David Ervine. They recorded interviews as part of the Boston College history project on the proviso that the interviews wouldn't be published until after their deaths.

RTÉ are screening a documentary based on the book and interviews next Tuesday.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cb1979 View Post
    RTÉ 1 will screen Voices from the Grave on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. Read the book recently and should make for an interesting documentary

Podcast of discussion on the Pat Kenny radio show about the programme

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/p...thpatkenny.mp3
    Thank you for posting this informative thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In it Hughes states that Jean McConville was a snitch for the crown forces and so the IRA persecution of this family extends beyond two graves.
    All I can hope for on this brisk Sunday morning is that the said Mr Hughes gets an long extended swinging in purgatory.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And Hughes confirms our very worst fears and suspicions- Gerry Adams was in the IRA and was leader on Bloody Friday when human being were blown to bits running from one car bomb into another !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    And Hughes confirms our very worst fears and suspicions- Gerry Adams was in the IRA and was leader on Bloody Friday when human being were blown to bits running from one car bomb into another !
    Hughes can't confirm anything. I object to thins kind of beyond the grave nonsense. If you have an accusation to make then make it when you can be questioned about it. Otherwise it has to be taken as rubbish no matter who you are.

Just because you are dead doesn't make you an objective witness. If everything I said now was going to be taken as gospel when I died then I'd certainly be tempted to indulge in a bit of agenda setting and score settling.

None of this would be admissible in a court of law for very good reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Voices from the Grave « Slugger O'Toole

Thread on Slugger O'Toole about the show including trailer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post
    Hughes can't confirm anything. I object to thins kind of beyond the grave nonsense. If you have an accusation to make then make it when you can be questioned about it. Otherwise it has to be taken as rubbish no matter who you are.

Just because you are dead doesn't make you an objective witness. If everything I said now was going to be taken as gospel when I died then I'd certainly be tempted to indulge in a bit of agenda setting and score settling.

None of this would be admissible in a court of law for very good reason.
    Of course. Of course.
    Gerry was just a specky four-eyes who was allowed hang around with the lads because they felt sorry for him - they showed him to pick up women, how to play poker, how to be cool like them but occassionally they told him to go outside and play because they had man-talk to do.
    Gerry never had anything to do with the bombing or the shooting or anything bold like that.
    Oh no no no.
    He was a good boy and he still has his first communion money.
    Riiiight.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Darkie spoke his mind and many years ago what he predicted came true.A sell out by gerry and marty for no gain.Many ex-ra men were disgusted gerry turned up at the funeral.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast