Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wexford Woman Murdered - But No-one Will Be Charged. Why?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Wexford Woman Murdered - But No-one Will Be Charged. Why?

Last year, a Wexford woman, Rebecca French, was murdered. Her body was tied up in the boot of her own car which was driven a short distance from the murder scene and set alight.

Very quickly, the gardai had arrested and subsequently charged a number of people with crimes associated with the murder.

Last week, one man who was to be tried for murder had a lesser plea accepted and the murder charge struck out. It was later stated that no-one will ever be charged with the woman's murder. There were 'technical issues' with the admissability of statements made.

Does anyone know how in God's name did this come about? Has our glorious Minister for Justice offered any explanation?

No murder charges over Rebecca French death - RT News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At first glance since the legal arguments were on the dentention period it looks like the cops screwed up bigtime...

And now we have a case of four guards in the courts over an alleged assualt on a person and his mother within their home...

Donegal fiasco etc etc.... time for a serious overhaul of the gardai and a serious look at the calibre of people their recruiting...
    Last edited by Franzoni; 21st October 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

' technical legal difficulties' legal jargon which means the legal system made a hames of the proseqution and had to settle for a lesser charge. Happens all the time, don't hold your breath waiting for the minister to explain it as he 'doesn't comment on individual cease' except when the case has something to do with FF
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Franzoni View Post
    At first glance since the legal arguments were on the dentention period it looks like the cops screwed up bigtime...

And now we have a case of four guards in the courts over an alleged assualt on a person and his mother within their home...

Donegal fiasco etc etc.... time for a serious overhaul of the gardai and a serous look at the calibre of people their recruiting...
    +1
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Yes I read about this I think the guys had been drinking as well and this was a factor also.

Its another disgrace -she has a daughter who will never have justice for her mother- is Joe Duffy setting up an account for her?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The court was told in the absence of the jury that the men were not lawfully detained when crucial statements were made to gardaí. The statements were ruled inadmissible in the trial.
    That's your answer.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saves the cost of a trial, I suppose. If this had gone up before Judge Patricia Ryan (Mrs Brian Lenihan), it would have been suspended sentences all around anyhow.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    ' technical legal difficulties' legal jargon which means the legal system made a hames of the proseqution and had to settle for a lesser charge. Happens all the time, don't hold your breath waiting for the minister to explain it as he 'doesn't comment on individual cease' except when the case has something to do with FF

Yes, that appears to be the inference OK.

But, in this day and age, with murder rates as high as they are, SURELY the legal system should be reliable?

It is not as if murder is a rarity anymore.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    That's your answer.
    Ok, but how the hell did the screw-up happen? Is there to be an enquiry? Who will be held accountable?

Once again, an arm of the State has it seems, failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    This is the same mininster who courageously leads the forces of the state against blasphemers and immigrants. The same one who offers excuses as to why crooked bankers are still enjoying holidays in their Spanish villas: "Gardai doing the best they can ... very complex matter.... lot of documentation ... blah .. blah ... blah ..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast