Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Kevin Kiely to seek Limerick FG nomination for Dail election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LOL Kevin Kiely to seek Limerick FG nomination for Dail election

Its a case of bad news & good news for the Limerick city electorate.

First the bad news.

According to tomorrows edition of the Limerick Post, Clr Kevin Kiely is to seek the FG nomination for the next general election. He is quoted extensively in the article. Limerick FF must be having a right good laugh.

But there is also some good news today for the Limerick electorate.

Clare's clr Cathal Crowe (Willie O'Dea's biggest, bestest, most loyal handmaiden) promised in this week's Clare Champion that he would never run for election in Limerick against his beloved Willie O'Dea.

"Councillor Crowe has pledged, however, that he would never contest a general election in Limerick East on the same ticket as Deputy Willie O’Dea.

Both have run clinics together in South-East Clare and almost adopted a joint approach when it came to dealing with some of the main political issues in the district.

“I am a Clare public representative and I am not going to run in a general election against Willie O’Dea."

"How may I serve thee Oh Lord. By the way, tough luck with that High Court evidence thing"
    Last edited by williewatch; 21st October 2010 at 12:44 AM.

FG need a second city candidate as a "sweeper" esp. if Labour are running two city candidates. Given the "talent" that FG has in Limerick, Kiely is as good as any and better than most and certainly a lot better that the current mayor.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    According to tomorrows edition of the Limerick Post, Clr Kevin Kiely is to seek the FG nomination for the next general election. He is quoted extensively in the article. Limerick FF must be having a right good laugh.

FG need this like a hole in the head

At least Limerick voters had one bit of good news today when Clare's clr Cathal Crowe (Willie O'Dea's biggest, bestest, most loyal handmaiden) promised in this week's Clare Champion that he would never run for election in Limerick against his beloved Willie O'Dea.

"Councillor Crowe has pledged, however, that he would never contest a general election in Limerick East on the same ticket as Deputy Willie O’Dea.

Both have run clinics together in South-East Clare and almost adopted a joint approach when it came to dealing with some of the main political issues in the district.

“I am a Clare public representative and I am not going to run in a general election against Willie O’Dea."
    Is it April 1st,jesus what a right pair of "gowls".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Kiely is as good as any and better than most and certainly a lot better that the current mayor.
    LOL. Keith you never lost it.Your memories of Clr Kiely's term as mayor are certainly "unique"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post

Hasnt it got more to do with his rabid Clare 'nationalism' , than his affection for O'Dea ? He despises Limerick and would probably quit politics if the boundary of his beloved Clare motherland was adjusted for common sense reasons .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kiely running for the Dáil...all I can say is ha ha ha........

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kiely always has been ambitious. It's a pity for him that his brains never quite matched his ambition.
    Separate Church and State

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Kiely always has been ambitious. It's a pity for him that his brains never quite matched his ambition.
    Well he made it to Mayor didnt he ? I wouldnt overestimate the intelligence of the average voter .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBird View Post
    Well he made it to Mayor didnt he ? I wouldnt overestimate the intelligence of the average voter .
    That's because the mayorship rotates...
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    That's because the mayorship rotates...
    I appreciate that fact but he still got elected to council . He must have some 'political skills' . Lets face it , they are all pond life ,but maybe , just maybe, he is smarter than the average amoeba .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast