Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: France: worker productivity and quality of life among the highest in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default France: worker productivity and quality of life among the highest in the world

Plus the world's best health care.

And they work the least hours of the week in the world!

French Culture - French Workforce - International Business - a Wikia wiki

Quality Of Life Index 2010: Which Country Has It Best? (PHOTOS)

Why?

Because in France the government fear the people and not the other way around.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves” ~ Thomas Jefferson.

I think it should be clear to most people that our government had indeed turned wolverine during the boom and toward the end days the Celtic Tiger was ready to eat her young.
    And now we endure countless tales of gross incompetence and expense scandals and the obscene wastefulnes of taxpayer money.

We have much to learn from France - we must regain our self respect as a people and demand better.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Max Keiser lives in France and shares his thoughts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epq7d5foezs]YouTube - Max Keiser: "Sitting on The Doorstep of Global Conflict!!" - Alex Jones Tv 2/2[/ame]
    Last edited by rhonda15; 20th October 2010 at 03:00 PM.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    Plus the world's best health care.

And they work the least hours of the week in the world!

French Culture - French Workforce - International Business - a Wikia wiki

Quality Of Life Index 2010: Which Country Has It Best? (PHOTOS)

Why?

Because in France the government fear the people and not the other way around.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves” ~ Thomas Jefferson.

I think it should be clear to most people that our government had indeed turned wolverine during during the boom and toward the end days the Celtic Tiger was ready to eat her young.
    And now we endure countless tales of gross incompetence and expense scandals and the obscene wastefulnes of taxpayer money.

We have much to learn from France - we must regain our self respect as a people and demand better.

Max Keiser lives in France and shares his thoughts.

YouTube - Max Keiser: "Sitting on The Doorstep of Global Conflict!!" - Alex Jones Tv 2/2
    Well France is renowned to be a cultured country, they place emphasis on important things in life i.e having an outstanding health system and public transport systems. Generally they get things right and our a proper republic as opposed to our mob who just appear to want to satisfy the "markets" and faceless bondholders instead of trying to govern for the betterment of all the citizens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

International Living magazine is surely the authority on this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hilarious that the OP quotes Thomas Jefferson to support the French way of life! What about the country that Jefferson helped found?! This is the country with the highest standard of living in the world, and genuinely has the highest standard of healthcare in the world as opposed to what the OP says.

I'd love to know what the OP thinks about the French putting tens of nuclear power stations all over it's country. NIMBY?
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    Hilarious that the OP quotes Thomas Jefferson to support the French way of life! What about the country that Jefferson helped found?! This is the country with the highest standard of living in the world, and genuinely has the highest standard of healthcare in the world as opposed to what the OP says.

I'd love to know what the OP thinks about the French putting tens of nuclear power stations all over it's country. NIMBY?
    sneer if you will

fact:

worker productivity is very high, they work the fewest hours in the week, their quality of life is high, and their heath care system is impressive.

This needs to be studied.

Remember the "Enlightment" in France and it's ideals were the single biggest inspiration of Americas founding fathers.
    Last edited by rhonda15; 19th October 2010 at 11:02 PM.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you should replace the highest standard of healthcare with the most unequal system of healthcare. I think you should have a look at some WHO stats before you utter the usual nutty right wing nonsense.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    sneer if you will

fact:

worker productivity is very high, they work the fewest hours in the week, their quality of life is high, and their heath care system is impressive.

This needs to be studied.

Remember the French revolution and it's ideals were the single biggest inspiration of Americas founding fathers.
    While I agree with you mostly the FRench Revolution was 15 Years after the American one and other than Jefferson most Americans disapproved of the bloodshed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    I think you should replace the highest standard of healthcare with the most unequal system of healthcare. I think you should have a look at some WHO stats before you utter the usual nutty right wing nonsense.
    Access to healthcare is entirely different to commenting on the quality of healthcare. It is undeniable (except by leftie zealots apparently) that the US has the highest standard of healthcare.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member Hillmanhunter1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While on holiday's in France Mrs Hillmanhunter had some respiratory problems. She went to a local GP who examined her and referred her to a consultant in a nearby big town. She made an appointment with the consultant, he examined her and decided that he needed x-rays. He referred her to the x-ray department. Another appointment was made and the x-rays were taken. In due course the x-rays were sent back to the consultant, who scheduled a second appointment where he explained what his diagnosis (nothing too serious, thank God) and outlined a course of action, including medicines which he dispensed himself.
    Total cost - €100.
    Total time taken, from leaving home to getting back home, 4 hours.

By comparison I have just visited my GP for a minor ailment. Though he gladly relieved me of €50 he refused to make a fairly obvious diagnosis (do GP's do this anymore?) preferring to refer me to a private consultant. I rang the consultant and his secretary told me he could see me in January, and could I please bring €200 with me!
    UK exports to EU = 48%. EU exports to U.K. = 8 %. RoI exports to UK = 14%. RoI exports to EU = 50%.

Used to have the highest standard of living in the world until your statist pr1ck of an avatar ruined the US along with Western Civilisation, with the assistance of the dung he worshipped from Lord Keynes in the 1930s.

All of which was predicted by Murray Rothbard in 1971, but of course nobody listened. Just like nobody listened to Peter Schiff or Marc Faber or Gerald Celente about the sub prime housing bubble in 2005 or nobody listened to Hayek or Mises in the 1920s about the credit bubble that led to the 1930s Great Depession.

Milton Friedman Unraveled by Murray N. Rothbard
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast