Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get FF Out of Office, Then Try Them for Treason

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Get FF Out of Office, Then Try Them for Treason

If you consider that it is the duty of our Government to defend its citizens against hostile elements, then I would contend that FF has failed to do this in relation to signing the bank guarantee, which now appears will bankrupt the country, inflict further paycuts and job losses on our people, as well as force thousanads to leave the country.

While I blame FF primarily for our economic woes, the austerity measures might have worked although painful for ordinary people. But having the bank bailout imposed on us, because FF gave a blanket guarantee, which has hoisted another 40-50 billion of sovereign debt onto the Irish people, rendering us with an impossible debt.

Its not as though there were no people or groups opposed to the blanket guarantee, the unions and Labour party spring to mind, as well a few economists, who now appear to have been proved right in the fears they expressed at the time.

FF have capitulated to the banks and bondholders, rather than showing any backbone and standing up for our people in the face of adversity. I would contend this constitutes a betrayal of the Irish people in our hour of need by FF, which can only be described as treasonous.

While I would always subscribe to peaceful change of Government, assuming this is done in the coming months, we should now be seeking that the new Government, along with beginning the rebuilding of our country, should ensure that those FF/ Green/ PD/ Independents who were party to this betrayal, are tried for treason, economic treason if you wish and sentenced accordingly.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D Gallows View Post
    If you consider that it is the duty of our Government to defend its citizens against hostile elements, then I would contend that FF has failed to do this in relation to signing the bank guarantee, which now appears will bankrupt the country, inflict further paycuts and job losses on our people, as well as force thousanads to leave the country.

While I blame FF primarily for our economic woes, the austerity measures might have worked although painful for ordinary people. But having the bank bailout imposed on us, because FF gave a blanket guarantee, which has hoisted another 40-50 billion of sovereign debt onto the Irish people, rendering us with an impossible debt.

Its not as though there were no people or groups opposed to the blanket guarantee, the unions and Labour party spring to mind, as well a few economists, who now appear to have been proved right in the fears they expressed at the time.

FF have capitulated to the banks and bondholders, rather than showing any backbone and standing up for our people in the face of adversity. I would contend this constitutes a betrayal of the Irish people in our hour of need by FF, which can only be described as treasonous.

While I would always subscribe to peaceful change of Government, assuming this is done in the coming months, we should now be seeking that the new Government, along with beginning the rebuilding of our country, should ensure that those FF/ Green/ PD/ Independents who were party to this betrayal, are tried for treason, economic treason if you wish and sentenced accordingly.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You wouldn't be the first to suggest this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why bother with a trial? And before any trial,make sure hanging is back on the statute books.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have to agree

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you start trying people for treason for making mistakes, then you discourage people from going into politics. They may have got it all wrong (and don't forget FG also supported the guarantee), but there is nothing to suggest that it is treason. They just had a silly theory about the best way to resolve the crisis. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE New at 9pm tonight no word od our financial problems,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think this is the first time someone on politics.ie has suggested that FF should be removed from government.

Politics.ie Member
    Dragged kicking and screaming,by my son into Termina Field
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would consider Brian Lenihan's removal of the €5 million Limit stopping Debtors from removing their deposits from Anglo as constructive treason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMax View Post
    If you start trying people for treason for making mistakes, then you discourage people from going into politics. They may have got it all wrong (and don't forget FG also supported the guarantee), but there is nothing to suggest that it is treason. They just had a silly theory about the best way to resolve the crisis. Unfortunately it didn't work out.
    Indeed. The treason lies with the people who voted them into power, and also with the people who voted for those numerous TD's on the opposition benches, who have gone along with the governments economic analysis and remedies. Those citizens who did that are the ones who should be strung up, even if only in a metaphorical sense, not the donkeys that they abdicated power to.

The same treasonous fools will at the very next opportunity do the whole thing all over again with a new set of donkeys. It's enough to make you weep.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast