Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another of view of Lavrenty Beria.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another of view of Lavrenty Beria.

The main authority on Stalin Ludo Martens who wrote the classic biography of the man who was probably the greatest man of the 20 th century and most definitely one of the truly greatest men of all time, "Another view of Stalin", comes out quite harshly on Lavrenty Beria the leader of The People's Commissariate of Internal Affairs, even going so far as to suggest he had a hand in the death of Uncle Koba and was as bad as the part of the revisionist clique that sentenced him to death in 1953.

However this article that I came across recently suggests that Beria wanted to deepen the democratic reforms that Stalin had started and desired to do (it must be remembered that the government of Comrade Stalin was a lot more democratic than that of the early Bolsheviks and the tyranny of Nikita Khrushchev which followed).

Grover Furr: "Stalin and the Struggle for Democratic Reform, Part One"

And this article raises serious questions about the treatment of Lavrenty Beria in "Another view of Stalin".

http://redcomrades.byethost5.com/redcomrades/beria.html
    Last edited by SevenStars; 19th October 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Butchers Incorporated seeking a review of the hatred of the millions they murdered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    The main authority on Stalin Ludo Martens who wrote the classic biography of the man who was probably the greatest man of the 20 th century and most definitely one of the truly greatest men of all time, ...
    :x

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ludo Martens wrote the classic biography of Stalin did he? Don't make me laugh
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The main authority on Stalin Ludo Martens who wrote the classic biography of the man who was probably the greatest man of the 20 th century and most definitely one of the truly greatest men of all time, "Another view of Stalin", comes out quite harshly on Lavrenty Beria the leader of The People's Commissariate of Internal Affairs, even going so far as to suggest he had a hand in the death of Uncle Koba and was as bad as the part of the revisionist clique that sentenced him to death in 1953.
    If he indeed did have a hand in Stalin's death...then fair play to him. It would have been the only good deed he ever did.

However this article that I came across recently suggests that Beria wanted to deepen the democratic reforms that Stalin had started and desired to do (it must be remembered that the government of Comrade Stalin was a lot more democratic than that of the early Bolsheviks and the tyranny of Nikita Khrushchev which followed).
    Actually, the notion that Beria was leaning towards an end to repression,a new policy towards the satellites countries and a reformist stance is old news. It does'nt change one whit the fact that Beria was a sadistic, evil, black-hearted mass-murderer and rapist and that he got what he deserved.

The tyranny of Khruschev, eh? Well, compared to any other country it was a tyranny, by Stalin's standards it was wild liberalism. As the Marquis de Custine said about Russia "In this country an avowed tyranny would be a mark of progress"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IvoShandor View Post
    As the Marquis de Custine said about Russia "In this country an avowed tyranny would be a mark of progress"
    Given that he died in 1857, Im sure he would have agreed that the overthrow of the Tsar was a great mark of progress.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I don't give a ************************ what Beria thought about democratic reforms. The fact is that he was a twisted, demented pervert who cruised the streets in his Zhil appraising little girls through the parted curtains on the windows, bringing them back to his office, where he raped them.

Stalin should have chopped off his cock and stuffed it up his hole before he had him shot.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber Man View Post
    I don't give a ************************ what Beria thought about democratic reforms. The fact is that he was a twisted, demented pervert who cruised the streets in his Zhil appraising little girls through the parted curtains on the windows, bringing them back to his office, where he raped them.

Stalin should have chopped off his cock and stuffed it up his hole before he had him shot.
    There were a lot of wild stories about what the likes of Beria were supposed to be up to, I think you have to realise that the Americans had whole departments ordered to make this stuff up - the wilder the better. I dont think much of Beria myself, but he would have had to have super powers to do everything the Yanks had him doing.
    Last edited by Cael; 21st October 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    There were a lot of wild stories about what the likes of Beria were supposed to be up to, I think you have to realise that the Americans had whole departments ordered to make this stuff up - the wilder that better. I dont think much of Beria myself, but he would have had to have super powers to do everything the Yanks had him doing.
    All very fine, but in all that comment I notice you do not explicitly refute the statement that he was a dirty little perverted paedophile.

He did it because he was Head of the NKVD and he knew that no one could stop him. Except Josef Vissarinovich Zhugashvili

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber Man View Post
    All very fine, but in all that comment I notice you do not explicitly refute the statement that he was a dirty little perverted paedophile.
    I dont know if its true or not, and nor do you a chara.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast