Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did FF play a blinder to have Oppostion announce that the Finances are even worse!?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Did FF play a blinder to have Oppostion announce that the Finances are even worse!?

...my take on the "revelations" from the FG/Lab and SF reps who were shown the books by the Dept of Finance yesterday, was that this was another cunning move by FF -which saw the Opposition Finance spokespersons break the bad news to the nation that the Public Finances are even worse that what FF have been telling us over the past few months!

Agree?

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course FF have played a blinder here. FG and Labour ( surprisingly) have walked straight into it with their eyes open. Worse than we thought it was, soften em up for next budget, and FF will probably have a softer one than was expected. When they ever learn ? At least SF have kept options very open.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post
    ...my take on the "revelations" from the FG/Lab and SF reps who were shown the books by the Dept of Finance yesterday, was that this was another cunning move by FF -which saw the Opposition Finance spokespersons break the bad news to the nation that the Public Finances are even worse that what FF have been telling us over the past few months!

Agree?
    No
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Future FF statement:

They're just talking down the economy to serve their own petty political needs while preventing us from moving forward.

We've clearly turned a corner, and it's disappointing that the opposition seem so steadfastly opposed to supporting the Irish people in their efforts to overcome the damage done during the 1994 government's reign.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post

Agree?
    Play a blinder????? A sad, sad state of affairs when our politicians and commentary are talking like this.

Jesus wept.

Gimpanzee

Another, less cowering way of looking at it would be that FF have allowed the opposition to come out and say that FF have messed up to an even larger degree than they care to admit and they have FF's figures to prove it. FF have no comeback. This is utter desperation, nothing more.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, FF did play a blinder. They have completely sucked the main Oppositon into helping them to pass a savage budget "in the national interest". Fools the lot of them.

The only hope they have right now, is to go away immediately, and devise their own "joint" 4 year plan, using the figures they saw yesterday, and be able to credibly present it as soon as FF present theirs. Then push for an election on the basis of both plans.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    Another, less cowering way of looking at it would be that FF have allowed the opposition to come out and say that FF have messed up to an even larger degree than they care to admit and they have FF's figures to prove it. FF have no comeback. This is utter desperation, nothing more.
    I completely agree, but that's not what came across on 9 o'clock news last night. Picture a visibly shaken Noonan and Burton telling us there's going to have to be severe tax increases AND spending cuts, then segue to a clip of a smiling Brian Cowen opening a school in....you guessed it...Offaly telling us all that it'll be fine once we put our minds to solving the problem at some stage in the not too distant future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes FF played a blinder. They are the Anatoly Karpov of Irish politics.
    Q-D8(ch)!
    A fork on both the bishop and the knight, splitting black's flank in two, and leaving them with an impossible dilemma.

Folly tha'!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I missing something here? Why is the Opposition not saying... sorry... shouting about why we need such a draconian budget. That FF have caused this; that we have to have a GE and then the new governmant will set to (to try) to regularise the affairs of the Nation.

I agree with you, LOADED32; it was a bad political move by FF/LP/SF to set foot in the DoF. We need the GE first. Do we need to have French/Greek style revolts first to have that happen?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast