Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Water Charges = Opportunity?

Default Water Charges = Opportunity?

It looks more than likely we will be charged for our water use in the near future. That being the case water tanks will be in demand. Barrels I'm afraid will not suffice. Manufacturers of plastic tanks will or should be already designing large water containers so that rain water can be utilised easily by the averge household.

What capacity do people think with be the standard?

The water butts sold nowadays are usually far to small. I would empty one in 20 minutes just watering a section of our garden.

(As a six year old child I remember trying to carry a white enamel bucket of water from a roadside pump to my Grannie's cottage......uphill. I think I arrived with a pint)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's always some slant for profiteering spivs. But, it wont in water tanks that the privateers will clean up, but when the water supply is fattened up and privatised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    It looks more than likely we will be charged for our water use in the near future. That being the case water tanks will be in demand. Barrels I'm afraid will not suffice. Manufacturers of plastic tanks will or should be already designing large water containers so that rain water can be utilised easily by the averge household.

What capacity do people think with be the standard?

The water butts sold nowadays are usually far to small. I would empty one in 20 minutes just watering a section of our garden.

(As a six year old child I remember trying to carry a white enamel bucket of water from a roadside pump to my Grannie's cottage......uphill. I think I arrived with a pint)

I like the way you think (sometimes!)

Anything less than 100 gallons won't be worth collecting,

would you see this feeding the house or only for outside purposes?
    Would you go for insulated to work during frost?

Even a 100 gallons isn't very much.

Feeding the house would be possible... perhaps with help from a local plumber of repute.
    Insulated tanks would be the way to go. But the cost might be prohibitive?

Those of us with garden space and working muscle can dig a pond 500 gallons (4.5 litres) at least. That's not a lot in rainless periods. We do get them!