Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Garret the Good talking out of his .... again

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Garret the Good talking out of his .... again

Im just looking in shock at Garret Fitzgerald on Vincent Brown talking about the "extraordinary" integrity of Irish politics in the first 40 years after the founding of the free state. And how this extraordinary integraity made life so much better for the ordinary people.

Has poor ould Garret finally gone completely senile? These extraordinarily honest politicians sent thousands of poor children on a conveyer belt system to be raped and molested. They forced one out of every two people born here to emigrate. They had a legal system where you had to be a male property owner to even sit on a jury (until 1975 when Mary Robinson defeated that - thanks David McWilliams for that info), and the tricking going on with the land commision was absolutely scandelous. FF used the land commision blatently to build up its cummainn.

I could go on...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was very uncomfortable when questioned about his pension and car after lecturing us on integrity and living within our means. He can't do anything about the car apparently, you'd swear it was following him around like Herbie.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great to see Garret in such good form.

Default Garret Fitzgerald suffering from nasal congestion?

Just switched over to VB's show and he's "interviewing" Garret Fitzergerald. Garret is slurring, rambling and completly incoherant. Now he's no longer leading the country (and he was a complete failure when he was) and he's as entitled to a drink as anyone, but why do we have to see the embarrassing spectacle?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Just switched over to VB's show and he's "interviewing" Garret Fitzergerald. Garret is slurring, rambling and completly incoherant.
    Yep, that's himself so.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Garret is long past his sell by date and he is attention seeking. Was in US over weekend- tough going for his age.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How was his Philip Walton impression?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just switched over to VB's show and he's "interviewing" Garret Fitzergerald. Garret is slurring, rambling and completly incoherant. Now he's no longer leading the country (and he was a complete failure when he was) and he's as entitled to a drink as anyone, but why do we have to see the embarrassing spectacle?
    You're some loser, aren't you? FitzGerald was more coherent in 5 minutes on that programme than you've been in 5 years on this site.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    Yep, that's himself so.
    No I know he's normally bad, but he's not even forming proper sentences now.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I know he's normally bad, but he's not even forming proper sentences now.
    This thread says a lot more about you than it does about FitzGerald.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast