Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 178

Thread: Why was Bruton excluded from Finance briefing?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Why was Bruton excluded from Finance briefing?

    Watching RTE news this evening it was interesting to note the make up of the the FG team going into the Dept. of Finance briefings. Obviously Noonan had to be there but with him was Brian Hayes who isn't even on the front bench and two others I can't put names on. The absence of Richard Bruton, who is their spokesman on Economic Planning, was striking. One would have imagined that it was very relevant to his job. He would surely have had a better grasp of the matters than the other 3 nonentities so why was he excluded?

    Is Kenny still mowing the long grass?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Still b*llh*tting as usual.

    Hayes is deputy Finance spokesman, you idiot. The others were the Finance team.

    Those at the meeting from the parties were the Finance spokespersons and their team. Bruton is not on the Finance team.

    Even you should know the difference. Enterprise spokespeople weren't at the meeting, just Finance spokespersons.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Panopticon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Still b*llh*tting as usual.

    Hayes is deputy Finance spokesman, you idiot. The others were the Finance team.

    Those at the meeting from the parties were the Finance spokespersons and their team. Bruton is not on the Finance team.

    Even you should know the difference. Enterprise spokespeople weren't at the meeting, just Finance spokespersons.
    With respect, that was not the point that the OP made. The point was, why ****************************** around pretending that Bruton is no longer competent on finance matters just because he doesn't like De Boss?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31,230
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Watching RTE news this evening it was interesting to note the make up of the the FG team going into the Dept. of Finance briefings. Obviously Noonan had to be there but with him was Brian Hayes who isn't even on the front bench and two others I can't put names on. The absence of Richard Bruton, who is their spokesman on Economic Planning, was striking. One would have imagined that it was very relevant to his job. He would surely have had a better grasp of the matters than the other 3 nonentities so why was he excluded?

    Is Kenny still mowing the long grass?
    Funny, you could ask the same question about Ruairi Quinn's exclusion who we are constantly told was our greatest ever Finance minister

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Still b*llh*tting as usual.

    Hayes is deputy Finance spokesman, you idiot. The others were the Finance team.

    Those at the meeting from the parties were the Finance spokespersons and their team. Bruton is not on the Finance team.

    Even you should know the difference. Enterprise spokespeople weren't at the meeting, just Finance spokespersons.
    Kenny is showing Bruton that he is boss.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Funny, you could ask the same question about Ruairi Quinn's exclusion who we are constantly told was our greatest ever Finance minister
    I watched the news in someone else's house and her comment on it when she saw both Burton and the FG team was - 'Isn't that typical, it takes 4 men to do the job of one woman?'

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    because he is not "one of us" now


    So we'll have 3 school teachers deciding our finance policy and our highly educated economist on the sidelines - ya couldn't make it up if you tried.


    Fine Gael - Liyalty to the leader above all else!

    Jeez - and they wonder why we're sinking like a stone in the polls.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Toland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Posts
    63,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    I watched the news in someone else's house and her comment on it when she saw both Burton and the FG team was - 'Isn't that typical, it takes 4 men to do the job of one woman?'
    She's a sexist prat then. : o )

    And I'm a Burton fan.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    I watched the news in someone else's house and her comment on it when she saw both Burton and the FG team was - 'Isn't that typical, it takes 4 men to do the job of one woman?'
    If you knew how to count or had even the slightest ability at observance you would have noticed that Burton had a group of advisers with her, including the party's chief economic adviser who was walking on her left.

    But then why let facts get in the way of your ignorance?
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31,230
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    because he is not "one of us" now


    So we'll have 3 school teachers deciding our finance policy and our highly educated economist on the sidelines - ya couldn't make it up if you tried.
    You're too pessimistic, they'll need him to explain the hard sums

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •