Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Pat Ramsey not selected

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default Pat Ramsey not selected

    Former mayor of Derry Pat Ramsey may lose Assembly seat

    Interesting development - though he may yet be given a chance by Margaret Ritchie - that a sitting MLA - and SDLP spokesperson on Culture, Arts and Leisure - failes to be selected.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Personally I think that it would be a great misfortune for the SDLP to lose Pat Ramsey. In my experience I have always found Pat Ramsey to be a dedicated, helpful and hardworking public representative. It would seem strange to cast aside a man who is so assiduous in his work and a popular local figure within the local community.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerryBee View Post
    Personally I think that it would be a great misfortune for the SDLP to lose Pat Ramsey. In my experience I have always found Pat Ramsey to be a dedicated, helpful and hardworking public representative. It would seem strange to cast aside a man who is so assiduous in his work and a popular local figure within the local community.
    Presumably something is happening behind the scenes ?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerryBee View Post
    Pat Ramsey, popular local figure, local community.
    All of the above is correct but like most of the Foyle crowd PR is very Derrycentric.

    Derry politicians in particular take parochialism to extremes and thats going some for NI.
    Who exactly are the best marching band in the World

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Maguire View Post
    All of the above is correct but like most of the Foyle crowd PR is very Derrycentric.

    Derry politicians in particular take parochialism to extremes and thats going some for NI.
    All the more reason to select him surely - as Derry voters are also Derrycentric and they need to field their strongest team ?

  6. #6

    Default

    Maybe the Derry SDLP membership feel PR drew too much attention to them from the Bogside GFA losers.

    "We know where you live" springs to mind.
    Who exactly are the best marching band in the World

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think Mary Bradley has announced she is standing down. SDLP will face a strong challenge from Eamonn McCann for their third seat.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Eamonn McCann
    EM is not getting any younger.

    Probably 2011 will be his last election.

    Trotskyism in the North West will never be the same after he retires.
    Who exactly are the best marching band in the World

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Maguire View Post
    EM is not getting any younger.

    Probably 2011 will be his last election.

    Trotskyism in the North West will never be the same after he retires.
    He's a good man - I've voted for him in the past. He'll be sorely missed.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Maguire View Post
    EM is not getting any younger.

    Probably 2011 will be his last election.

    Trotskyism in the North West will never be the same after he retires.
    I back Derry's Trotsky to win a seat and go all constitutional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •