Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David Drumm Claims Central Bank & Financial Regulator Knew of Anglo Dealings

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default David Drumm Claims Central Bank & Financial Regulator Knew of Anglo Dealings

Speaking into today's Sunday Independent David Drumm takes responsibility along with the Anglo board in all their dealings but claims the " he had acted properly at all times during his tenure as Anglo chief executive.

He also claimed that he had done so with the "full knowledge" and "full co-operation" of both the Financial Regulator and the Central Bank"

Looks to me like Drumm is going to talk about the whole affair and is not happy with what has been said.

Anglo's Drumm: I did not act alone - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Last edited by Iarmhi Gael; 17th October 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So we have confirmation that The Central bank & the Financial Regulator knew of what they were doing - Yet No one within the Fianna Fail government, The Taoiseach or the Minister of Finance were told.

Whoever the next government is - I'd like to see our Minsiters investigated like Iceland are doing

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking No one must have told them

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    So we have confirmation that The Central bank & the Financial Regulator knew of what they were doing - Yet No one within the Fianna Fail government, The Taoiseach or the Minister of Finance were told.

Whoever the next government is - I'd like to see our Minsiters investigated like Iceland are doing
    No one must have told them

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, suddenly we have the Sindo and the ex CE of Anglo as the fond of truth and wisdom.

What a nice change that makes for the anti's.

Gross hypocrisy in most of its forms it may be, but nothing unusual to see here folks, move right along now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ministers - blind deaf and dumb monkeys hiding behind evil Chinese walls.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Its time for a Banking Star Chamber

Its time for a Banking Star Chamber

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    So, suddenly we have the Sindo and the ex CE of Anglo as the fond of truth and wisdom.

What a nice change that makes for the anti's.

Gross hypocrisy in most of its forms it may be, but nothing unusual to see here folks, move right along now.
    People just want openness and the truth and the few arrests & charges which any other county would have done by. Hopefully members of Fianna Fail will not be able to run in the next government and the full facts come out then.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People just want openness and the truth
    Mr. Gael, Based on your postings, you wouldn't know "openness and the truth" if it bit you on the arse and introduced itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Drumm's statment today ties in with previous statments made by David Casey - formerly of ILP. He too stated that the actions his company took were done with the full knowledge of the Financial Regulator and the Central Bank.

It isn't in the nature of civil servants to make decisions off their own bat. Civil servants will always seek cover for their actions. If the FR and CB knew then the DoF knew. If the DoF knew then the Minister for Finance knew.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I smell an election

I smell an election

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast