Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivan Yates on Saturday Show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ivan Yates on Saturday Show

He fudged whether he'd return to politics but he made about the best stab at describing what we actually need to do to get out of this hole and was brave in saying the medicine is unpalatable but needed. He even said he'd prefer the IMF to our current crop of politicians. The more I saw of him the more I lamented his loss to the system. The greatest Taoiseach we never had. And just the Taoiseach we need now.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This guy left the ship but now has all the answers. Audience gave him a hard time about drawing big state pensions while having a string of bookie shops some of which have closed, and also a good salary from NT and Examiner. I am suspicious of likes of him who leaves the wheelhouse and then complains.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    The greatest Taoiseach we never had. And just the Taoiseach we need now.
    Me bollix

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He fudged whether he'd return to politics but he made about the best stab at describing what we actually need to do to get out of this hole and was brave in saying the medicine is unpalatable but needed. He even said he'd prefer the IMF to our current crop of politicians. The more I saw of him the more I lamented his loss to the system. The greatest Taoiseach we never had. And just the Taoiseach we need now.
    But sure he's just like the greatest Taoiseach we ever had.

Makes his money from the gambling of other people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Me bollix
    Enda Kenny. Brian Cowen. Eamon Gilmore.

Think again.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did not like the way fathead tried to score points over his pension. In fairness yeats has always said it was wrong he gets a pension before pension age. I am not surprised but i think it is wrong for the host of a show to just dismiss labour like fathead did. Surely he should remain somewhat neutral even if we all know where he stands(in ff's pocket).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    But sure he's just like the greatest Taoiseach we ever had.

Makes his money from the gambling of other people!
    True. What we need now is another school teacher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Did not like the way fathead tried to score points over his pension. In fairness yeats has always said it was wrong he gets a pension before pension age. I am not surprised but i think it is wrong for the host of a show to just dismiss labour like fathead did. Surely he should remain somewhat neutral even if we all know where he stands(in ff's pocket).
    We're not all in a union firebug. Only you have something to gain from electing a union leader to the Taoiseach's office. The rest of us just get to pay for it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O'Connor instigated another Enda Kenny bashing. From tonights show it is obvious how the Sindo will cover the next general election. O'Connor more or less said that Labour had no policies and that FG with Kenny as leader could not solve our problems. So O'Connor with others in Fianna Fail on Sunday will argue that there is no alternative to FF.
    Interestingly O'Connor failed to ask Yates for his opinions on individual FF Ministers or Cowen.
    No discussion from O'Connor on the fact that the party which he has strongly defended in the Sindo has wrecked the economy.
    Why doesn't O Connor stand for election for Fianna Failure if he is convinced that Fianna Failure has all the answers?
    The opposition needs to take on smart alecs like O'Connor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's right ledroit when the communist revolution comes you will be first to be sent to the Leitrim gulag for reeducation! By the way my phones predictive text says ledroit is actually leering! Very interesting!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast