Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to Newstalk weekend schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Changes to Newstalk weekend schedule

I cannot find any announcement on their website of a new schedule. But already Brendan O'Brien said this morning that that was the last programme of Saturday Edition. No mention was made as to what, if any, new programme was replacing it, or will the slot go just to repeats? Down to Business with Mark Mortell (who is going back to FG full-time IIRC) is moving from its 12-2pm Saturday slot to a one hour 10-11am Sunday slot, but that puts in the same time slot of TodayFM's business programme! That Sunday slot is currently occupied by Karen Coleman's Wide Angle - if she is gone then good riddance to bad rubbish.

I was not listening to to what's her name on Weekend Blend so I do not know if that programme is affected. You would think that they would make this information available to listeners on their website but I certainly could not find it if it is there.

they should move the dunphy time slot as it clashes with sam smyth on todayfm.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who finds themselves flicking between the two and would like to listen to BOTH shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mortell's & Today's business programmes are good far better than Gorgeous George on RTE. Why is DOB putting 2 of his channels competing against each other?
    I quite liked Brendan O'Brien. Also Karen Coleman is good but can wander up blind alleys. Her programme on the Macondo incident was excellent & objective. It was clear hoiw much scapegoating of BP & its current management was going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newstalk is the Fox news of liberal media. It’s going down the pan slowly but surely. I can’t wait until it’s finally gone. However, I would like to see a more balanced news orientated station take its place.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a real pity that they are changing Down to Business .In my view its the best business show on Radio,I find Mark Moretell very good .I just emailed them to find out if the markets update from that guy from the spreadbetting firm will continue on the Sunday show as I find it good ,but I believe they are axing that slot ,shame.
    To put two business shows on at the same time on newstalk and today FM seems very stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spotty wishes they would bring back Brenda Power. Spotty put in manys the morning daydreaming to the dulcet and husky tones of Ms. Power.
    Spotty. A pimple on the arse of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dian Cécht View Post
    Newstalk is the Fox news of liberal media. It’s going down the pan slowly but surely. I can’t wait until it’s finally gone. However, I would like to see a more balanced news orientated station take its place.
    Is it just me or does Moncrieff seem to have a fixation on all things Islam?

The subject seems to come up so regularly I've given up and just switched over to Whineline.

Dunphy should do a longer show like in his beloved france where there would be 5 hour debates on tv over any national economic crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by politicaldonations View Post
    Dunphy should do a longer show like in his beloved france where there would be 5 hour debates on tv over any national economic crisis.
    Would love that - Dunphy has been getting better and better over the past few months. Great show that deserves a big fat Sunday morning 5 hour slot.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They should give his own slot to Ed Walsh.
    “A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything” (Con Houlihan)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast