Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: USA: Boston buys Liverpool

Politics.ie Member ” Donnchadha's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USA: Boston buys Liverpool

It is official, the owner of the Boston Redsox baseball team has purchased Liverpool FC. Not that I know a freaking thing about soccer.

The owner is a standup guy, his group NESV (New England Sports Vetures) are known for solid management and doing the right thing.

I can personally attest that he has done good things with the Boston Redsox.

New England Sports Ventures (NESV) today announces that it has completed the purchase of Liverpool Football Club. NESV wishes to extend its sincere gratitude to the Board of Liverpool FC for their diligence and their efforts on behalf of the Club and its supporters.
    The transaction values the Club at £300m and eliminates all of the acquisition debt placed on LFC by its previous owners, reducing the Clubís debt servicing obligations from £25m-£30m a year to £2m-£3m.

New England Sports Ventures is committed to winning and currently owns a portfolio of companies, including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing.

NESV Principal Owner John Henry said:
    ďOn behalf of the entire NESV partnership, I want to express how incredibly proud and humbled we are to be confirmed as the new owners of Liverpool FC. We regard our role as that of stewards for the Club with a primary focus on returning the Club to greatness on and off the field for the long-term. We are committed first and foremost to winning. We have a history of winning, and today we want LFC supporters to know that this approach is what we intend to bring to this great Club.Ē

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great... a hedge fund operator who knows nothing about soccer , Britain or Liverpool. Recipe for success.
    As a ManU supporter, I personally welcome the move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good news for that club itself. Not much of a Liverpool fan but hate to see a club destroyed by those incapable of running it. New owner at least seems to take an interest in what he's bought. I imagine Man U fans are looking more kindly on their own American owners.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    Great... a hedge fund operator who knows nothing about soccer , Britain or Liverpool. Recipe for success.
    As a ManU supporter, I personally welcome the move.
    As a Liverpool supporter I welcome that the club is now debt free.

As a ManU supporter you should wish the same for your club
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    As a Liverpool supporter I welcome that the club is now debt free.

As a ManU supporter you should wish the same for your club
    As a civilised ManU supporter I have no wish to see great clubs - even/or Liverpool - end up seperated from their roots by anonymous and ultimately clueless owners.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've revised my odds on Liverpool being relegated in the next 5 years to evens.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone been watching the rolling news of those poor people getting rescued from the bowels of the earth,having looked death right in the eye?

So heartwarming to see the smiles on their grubby little faces,the glimmer of hope in their terrified eyes,that all will be well as life is reaffirmed.

I still fancy Everton to beat them at Goodison on Sunday though !