Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes FINE Gael are just disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sometimes FINE Gael are just disappointing

A FINE Gael MEP, Jim Higgins last night defended his decision to go on a three-day "study break" to a holiday island at taxpayers' expense. He claimed the three-day stay in a five-star hotel on THE Madeira island trip represented value for money because of the "important work" taking place.

For people who work so hard, we're entitled to that. You don't expect us to stay in B&Bs, do you?"

His colleagues Gay Mitchell, Mairead McGuinness and Sean Kelly declined the invitation.

'It's all s***e': MEP rounds on critics of 'study break' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

john moriarty

That's going to bite them.
    For his language alone as
    a pointer to our politicians'
    sense of entitlement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default “That’s all s***e … that’s all s***e if you don’t mind me saying so”: Jim Higgins

Jim 'Swimmer' Higgins shows he sterling command of the English language when commenting about an EPP junket to the Island of Madeira at a cost of €400k.
    Asked whether the cost – given that it was being footed by the EU, which in turn is funded by the citizenry – was value for money, Higgins said any fuss over the expenses being incurred was “all sh*te if you don’t mind me saying so. That’s typical media bluster, you know. I don’t share that [belief] at all.

“I haven’t a clue what star [hotel] it is. All I know is that it’s a very good hotel, the accommodation is wonderful, the food is lovely. For people who work so hard, we’re entitled to that. You don’t expect us to stay in B&Bs, do you?” he asked.

“That’s all s***e … that’s all s***e if you don’t mind me saying so” · TheJournal.ie
    Jim clearly has yet to get the message that the use of the word 'entitled' just does not wash with the public anymore.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What next - Independent frowns at Fine Gael minister for double flushing the toilet during water shortage.

Wise up ffs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW cost of this 5 star trip is an astounding €1,000

Wow. €1,000

How much was a ticket at the Galway FF tent?

Or how much has FF wasted on Thornton Hall, e-voting etc etc

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Jim 'Swimmer' Higgins shows he sterling command of the English language when commenting about an EPP junket to the Island of Madeira at a cost of €400k.

Jim clearly has yet to get the message that the use of the word 'entitled' just does not wash with the public anymore.
    Whats an EPP junket? Regardless, I'd be shocked if an opposition TD had any reason to travel to madeira and EK should respond to this issue.

Frankly, the more I see these stories, the more I wonder if we should bar politicians from holding office for more than 10 or 15 years as they just seem to get too used to the high life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Look the new Political Director is doing a great job guys. FG members aren't giving terrible, damaging interviews. A clear line from the top is being followed on expenses. FG are controlling their message. You're all just pro-FFers if you think otherwise.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many other MEPS from other countries are on this junket, and I expect John O Donoghue spent more on his wife that any politician ,I mean he spent at our expense, going to race and sports meetings.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    How many other MEPS from other countries are on this junket, and I expect John O Donoghue spent more on his wife that any politician ,I mean he spent at our expense, going to race and sports meetings.
    400 people at a cost of €400k

Works out at €1k a head - about a return limo fair from Heathrow to London City Centre

Politics.ie Member Goldencircle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Look the new Political Director is doing a great job guys. FG members aren't giving terrible, damaging interviews. A clear line from the top is being followed on expenses. FG are controlling their message. You're all just pro-FFers if you think otherwise.
    Nonsense, and you know it.

No one is going to run into the arms of FG just because FF are in the sh!t.
    people know they are not very different and how can anyone be pro FG when they can't even make themselves look good against the current cabinet ffs.

Fine Geal are rubbish
    Its either Corruption or Stupidity

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast