Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eircom E Mobile Fair Usage Policy

Politics.ie Member RightCentreLeft's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Eircom E Mobile Fair Usage Policy

I just logged on to emobile.ie as I am interested in their new mobile prepay plan as I heard it advertised on national radio. Its 10 per week for 'unlimited' calls and texts to any network. But I feel that the 'fair usage' limits are too low.
    200 minutes per week and 200 texts per week. Maybe other posters will feel that I am being unreasonable? - but I just think 29 minutes per day and 29 messages per day is quite a low limit and it should really not advertised as 'unlimited'

eMobile Seven 10 & Seven 15 Prepay Weekly Topup Plans

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I seem to be the only person left in the world that has a problem with the usage of the word "unlimited" in the context of mobile phone advertising.

I know it is marketing, and thus not subject to any rules, but I find it thoroughly dishonest, and would suggest to me a company that uses it to describe a limited product, only has a passing acquaintance with integrity and honesty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree that the term 'unlimited' is being totally abused. A complaint to the ASA would probably be appropriate. That being said the 'fair usage' allowance equates to circa 900 minutes and 900 texts per month on a billpay package. Would you get that for circa €45 in a bill pay package?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of coverage does emobile have? If they're using the Eircom line network for transmisison, it may be as good as the best. Or is it?
    Negative equity, unemployment, emigration, IMF, bankruptcy: brought to you by Fianna Fail - destroying millions of lives for 80 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dalywise View Post
    What kind of coverage does emobile have? If they're using the Eircom line network for transmisison, it may be as good as the best. Or is it?
    Meteor
    Here's How, Ireland's political, social and current affairs podcast; Call the show on 076 603 5060 to record your contribution for the next show.

Politics.ie Member RightCentreLeft's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    I agree that the term 'unlimited' is being totally abused. A complaint to the ASA would probably be appropriate. That being said the 'fair usage' allowance equates to circa 900 minutes and 900 texts per month on a billpay package. Would you get that for circa 45 in a bill pay package?
    No Doubt Gijoe it is a great offer. I dont think it can be beaten. I just dont like the dishonest way in which it is being marketed.

take a look at this link: eMobile Bill Pay and Pre Pay Plans - Great Offers - Great Plans

They actually state 'All the calls and texts you need to any network'.
    That is a blatant lie.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you keep your phone number ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

e-mobile is using the exact same infrastructure as Meteor. Both brands are owned by eircom.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only use about €10 credit every 3 weeks so its of no advantage to me.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vodafone for 20 euro per month give unlimited Vodafone to vodafone and 20 euro worth of calls to other networks.

This is probably the best deal as Vodafone has the best coverage nationally and has the most users on it Network, meaning higher chance of ringing an 087 number for free on this package

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast