Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tasc-cuts are too much to bear!

birthday

Default Tasc-cuts are too much to bear!

Tasc: Economy cannot cope with multibillion-euro cuts | Breaking News - eircom.net

At a guess I suspect that this interest group is composed substantially or exclusively of those well-heeled types employed in the public sector. Let me think-they want cuts for others but not for the higher paid types employed across public sector (other than doctors!) and the vaste swathes of quangoland.
    How can one come to any other conclusion as their wish-list does not appear to identify the cutting of a single item of wasteful expenditure or duplication across the wider public service that might affect themselves and those they claim to represent.
    If they want salaries of consultant doctors cut why not look at unversity professors or lecturers? Oops Tasc has lots of university types!!!

So let us continue with farcical duplication of services across all the local authorities throughout the state, masssive duplication of third level courses at third level, the disgrace that is FAS, disgrace of the thousands of overpaid HSE managers while no unit for cystic fibrosis, the multitude of VEC, the almost endless number of quangos, slush funds for social partners, and bodies that nobody has ever heard of-each with their own CEO, director of IT ,HR director, director of this or that etc etc all of which makes the adminstration of the Greater Manchester (with same population) area look like a freak.

All this waste will continue while the carers, blind, elderly requiring home helps will be squeezed so that middle class PS can pretend that they are concerned about the unemployed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by birthday View Post
    Tasc: Economy cannot cope with multibillion-euro cuts | Breaking News - eircom.net

At a guess I suspect that this interest group is composed substantially or exclusively of those well-heeled types employed in the public sector. Let me think-they want cuts for others but not for the higher paid types employed across public sector (other than doctors!) and the vaste swathes of quangoland.
    How can one come to any other conclusion as their wish-list does not appear to identify the cutting of a single item of wasteful expenditure or duplication across the wider public service that might affect themselves and those they claim to represent.
    If they want salaries of consultant doctors cut why not look at unversity professors or lecturers? Oops Tasc has lots of university types!!!

So let us continue with farcical duplication of services across all the local authorities throughout the state, masssive duplication of third level courses at third level, the disgrace that is FAS, disgrace of the thousands of overpaid HSE managers while no unit for cystic fibrosis, the multitude of VEC, the almost endless number of quangos, slush funds for social partners, and bodies that nobody has ever heard of-each with their own CEO, director of IT ,HR director, director of this or that etc etc all of which makes the adminstration of the Greater Manchester (with same population) area look like a freak.

All this waste will continue while the carers, blind, elderly requiring home helps will be squeezed so that middle class PS can pretend that they are concerned about the unemployed.
    Here you go, read all about them. I didn't get very far:

TASC website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like how the public sector unions and Tasc want us to raid the pension reserve to pay their salaries. And just how to they expect us to pay their exhoberabt salaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just checked the the 6 page list of 'economists' who contribute to their policies. Most are lectures in Geography, Sociology and Journalism. I only counted 2 or 3 who are actual economists.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tasc can go in any cuts in the national interest of course. All these quangos are justifying their existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who do they expect to lend to Ireland and at what interest rate if we do not make cuts? Will somebody in the media pose that question to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tasc is stashed full of loonynomicists, people of little academic standing by comparison to Irish peers (just check their IDEAs rankings) - and this study didn't do any serious quantitative econometric research, as hard sum are beyond the fringe loonies

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hallelujah! Somebody, somewhere, finally understands the multiplier effect!!!!

Economy 'can't cope' with multibillion spending cuts - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

I have been saying this for MONTHS now, literally since the last Budget, usually followed by a big DUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!

Takey the money out of the economy makey the economy go boom! Nobody spendy what little money they left with. Then everybody shut their shops/businesses and needy the welfare. Nobody pay the bankses anything so they in trouble. So economy go boom.

Most people are so freaking stupid they keep insisting like anencephalic cretins that we "have to balance the books" by cutting everyone's pay and taxing them. It's not linear. It's a circle. Finally, though, I have hope, as someone gets it. Please let Lenny read this. Or really, anything to do with economics.

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well if you rule out spending cuts for this reason and we are tapped out credit wise how do you propose we bridge the deficit through taxation?
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post
    Economy 'can't cope' with multibillion spending cuts - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

I have been saying this for MONTHS now, literally since the last Budget, usually followed by a big DUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!

Takey the money out of the economy makey the economy go boom! Nobody spendy what little money they left with. Then everybody shut their shops/businesses and needy the welfare. Nobody pay the bankses anything so they in trouble. So economy go boom.

Most people are so freaking stupid they keep insisting like anencephalic cretins that we "have to balance the books" by cutting everyone's pay and taxing them. It's not linear. It's a circle. Finally, though, I have hope, as someone gets it. Please let Lenny read this. Or really, anything to do with economics.
    There isn't much of a multiplier effect in Ireland, due to:
    - our dependence on exports for income;
    - our dependence on imports for consumption;
    - our dependence on FDI, and
    - our common monetary policy with Germany.

I doubt the multiplier is much over 1 tbh. People losing jobs due to spending cuts isn't the multiplier, it's just what we economists would call a first-order effect. The multiplier is about second-order effects, and they are weak in Ireland, because we make money from selling pharmaceuticals and spend it on EU food and American iPods.

Besides, it's Tasc. They have never published a single line that didn't suit Labour and the public sector. So no surprise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast